Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Wow, just noticed....

Weber

6GP.......3 goals

Subban

18GP.....2 goals

What happened to Subby Doo?? I honestly don’t know the extent of his injury...

I have no doubt these two will provide value when they are healthy. Different types of games but both valuable. Weber can rack up the points too if he played with talent. Imagine if the Habs had a top 10 PP?

I also don't know how serious Subban's injury is. Decline happening to him early at age 29 where he is susceptible to injuries? He has played a lot of hockey in his career so far eh. Sound like familiar comments we have heard before? :sarcasm:

Reactions: jaffy27

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
no one is forcing you to read my posts
no one is forcing you to reply to my posts

I get it that you want to deflect ANY question that could (yes COULD) make him look human
You saying he hasn't had an impact since coming back is ridiculous is all. Even if you didn't watch the game, it's pretty obvious that he's had an impact. If you can't even be objective, why bother posting at all?

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
- 5 pts in 6 games with 3 goals
- Clears the front of the net very easily
- Bumps one 3rd pairing guy down to the ... well, 3rd pair!.
- 4 wins, 2 loses with him in the line-up

- 13 goals allowed (2.17 GAA). Look at the GAA before him?
ANY D of NHL calibre would have done that, relegate another 3rd pairing D to the 3rd pair
Habs were doing well without him too

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
You saying he hasn't had an impact since coming back is ridiculous is all. Even if you didn't watch the game, it's pretty obvious that he's had an impact. If you can't even be objective, why bother posting at all?
where did I say that ?

and if you can't read, why bother replying at all?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
ANY D of NHL calibre would have done that, relegate another 3rd pairing D to the 3rd pair
Habs were doing well without him too

The GAA is the major difference. And his 3 goals in 6 games also helped us win the 4 games in the span. No matter how you spin it, Weber back in the line-up is a major impact. Evidence is there.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
where did I say that ?

Trying to understand your point here? Are you saying Weber is just another D man and we could be doing the same thing without him? Take some time and look at the GAA with and without him in the line-up.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Wow, just noticed....

Weber

6GP.......3 goals

Subban

18GP.....2 goals

What happened to Subby Doo?? I honestly don’t know the extent of his injury...

Sample size is small, but FWIW, Weber has a higher oZone start percentage and has averaged more ice time per game. That said, it’s clear Weber has returned in a big way.

Weber had a serious injury (obviously) and given hockey is like 99% skating, a messed up foot/leg recovery like he did is impressive.

However, without knowing exactly what’s up with PK, he has had recurring upper body injuries past several seasons. We don’t know if he was playing through pain this year either. I am only making an assumption, but if it is a neck injury, having gone through a stinger myself, that crap is painful AF to play through, let alone live a normal life.

Anyhow, points are important as you need to score to win, but Nashville has been playing close to .500 hockey since PK went down whereas they were dominant and top of the conference when he did play.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
The GAA is the major difference. And his 3 goals in 6 games also helped us win the 4 games in the span. No matter how you spin it, Weber back in the line-up is a major impact. Evidence is there.
Not spinning anything, simply asked you to define it.

actually, IMO, the biggest difference is the presence alone... I mean, we went from 1 NHL calibre D in the line up to TWO... one of the two being a #1D...

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
if it's so clear, you'll have no problem defining it right ?

A player that plays 30 min a game, block shots, have a huge shot on PP so it opens other players and can score himself, clear the net, known leader (aka captain), can deliver hits.... easy to see when we watch the game.

So you seem to agree on all this, I don't understand the point, even on a message board, to explain the obvious.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not spinning anything, simply asked you to define it.

actually, IMO, the biggest difference is the presence alone... I mean, we went from 1 NHL calibre D in the line up to TWO... one of the two being a #1D...

Well, I did give you several points to defend it. All pretty solid too.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Sample size is small, but FWIW, Weber has a higher oZone start percentage and has averaged more ice time per game. That said, it’s clear Weber has returned in a big way.

Weber had a serious injury (obviously) and given hockey is like 99% skating, a messed up foot/leg recovery like he did is impressive.

However, without knowing exactly what’s up with PK, he has had recurring upper body injuries past several seasons. We don’t know if he was playing through pain this year either. I am only making an assumption, but if it is a neck injury, having gone through a stinger myself, that crap is painful AF to play through, let alone live a normal life.

Anyhow, points are important as you need to score to win, but Nashville has been playing close to .500 hockey since PK went down whereas they were dominant and top of the conference when he did play.

Personally, I got heat for it but I said it all along... I was only concerned with set backs in Weber's recovery. Once there were no setbacks, he was good to go and I expected him to provide impact. 12 months off actually helped him IMO. He's fresh and ready to go!

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
where did I say that ?

Well you have 4 other posters replying to it so if you can't convey your message properly why bother posting at all?

Come on man it doesn't take a great hockey mind to see how well he's played

Reactions: Vachon23

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
A player that plays 30 min a game, block shots, have a huge shot on PP so it opens other players and can score himself, clear the net, known leader (aka captain), can deliver hits.... easy to see when we watch the game.
played 29m ONE game. he's not blocking shots more than half the other Habs D, his shot - while hard - did NOT improves Habs PP... are you sure you watched Habs games since his return ?

you read his bio. YOu're just listing attributes.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Well you have 4 other posters replying to it so if you can't convey your message properly why bother posting at all?

Come on man it doesn't take a great hockey mind to see how well he's played
so, where did I say that he has NO impact ? ?
I mean, you'rte not making this up, you really read that right ? but where ?

and what's with the "why posting" comments ? how about you don't tell me what, how, when to post ?
you dont like my posts ? solution is VERY easy, and I encourage you to use it right now.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Personally, I got heat for it but I said it all along... I was only concerned with set backs in Weber's recovery. Once there were no setbacks, he was good to go and I expected him to provide impact. 12 months off actually helped him IMO. He's fresh and ready to go!

Sticking strictly on the topic of Weber, I wasn’t worried as his game isn’t built on speed and doing “Erik Karlsson” things on the ice. So long as he was 100%, or close to it, he would immediately help the team by retaking his spot on the top pair, and bumping the right side down a spot.

I think Petry is ok, but he is a second pairing guy, despite his good work mostly this season. As a true first pairing guy, Weber I trust the most to stabilize whatever scrub they put on the left. Petry, a good skater, does make a lot of dumb mistakes and adding to that he has to carry a player unworthy of top-pairing didn’t help.

I said it before but I don’t care about goals as much as others. Of course goals are important and it’d be awesome for our defencemen to score a lot, but end of the day, star players are supposed to help teams win. They need a support cast naturally, but we should be a better team now than say 3-weeks ago.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
played 29m ONE game. he's not blocking shots more than half the other Habs D, his shot - while hard - did NOT improves Habs PP... are you sure you watched Habs games since his return ?

you read his bio. YOu're just listing attributes.

hey sibolac. Yes I did and he does exactly that. Stop with your agenda. I'm sorry he plays 25-29min a game then. Happy ?

I didn't read any bio like you said. I think you just want us to put you on 'Ignore list'.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
so, where did I say that he has NO impact ? ?
I mean, you'rte not making this up, you really read that right ? but where ?

and what's with the "why posting" comments ? how about you don't tell me what, how, when to post ?
you dont like my posts ? solution is VERY easy, and I encourage you to use it right now.
You were clearly implying it. Don't act dumb now. And you're free to ignore me too. Go right ahead lol.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
hey sibolac. Yes I did and he does exactly that. Stop with your agenda. I'm sorry he plays 25-29min a game then. Happy ?

I didn't read any bio like you said. I think you just want us to put you on 'Ignore list'.
what agenda ?

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
I was happy with the subban trade and I am happier now. I like weber to mentor our kids and he seems to be even better than when he left ... It really does seem like injuries were giving him a hard time.

Since he came back, he made our Lada of a defence look like a cadillac... And I even see the impact on price. Easy to see the puck when man mountain clears the crease for you.

I'm having a moment with my chien weber. He's my doggg . Some call it Irrational bromance, but I suspect those are nashville fans by now, they are just in a different irrational bromance. No hard feelings.

Love is love, can't explain it sometimes.

Polarising trade, two great players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad