Player Discussion Shea Weber Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Gallagher has broken the 50pt mark once in his career..hitting 54...and I'm the one making a ridiculous statement?
Gallagher is excellent at what he does, but no, he's not a high end talent when speaking generally among his peers.
Good one indeed. I know Habs fan love to prop up our guys..but that's a ****ing new one. Gallagher a high end talent...lol No wonder this organization doesn't feel the pressure to win cups.
Again looking simply at stats is a lazy analysis. Gainey had worse stats during a high scoring period in the NHL. He's one example that betrays the shaky foundations of your biased analysis.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Again looking simply at stats is a lazy analysis. Gainey had worse stats during a high scoring period in the NHL. He's one example that betrays the shaky foundations of your biased analysis.
Ya..sure...can't wait for Gallagher to be inducted to the HoF..loll
You totally got me man, you're right.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I absolutely agree with the bolded statement. And like all the praise Domi has earned, I'm sure many Habs fans who were reticent to jump on the Weber Wagon will happily cheer on the Habs' captain and best defenseman.

What certain Habs fans insist on, however, is something I've never witnessed before. A ceaseless and ongoing insistence that he's a God-Man and The Best Leader and his mere presence is a blessing on the Habs. I didn't see such effervescence for Koivu or Kovalev or any other good player the Habs have had. And they brought more success to the Habs and were part of the Habs fabric for longer than Weber. I really don't like being told that a player is better than he is and we should be grateful to have him, especially not when he was acquired in exchange for an actually better and more accomplished player.

If he's good, if he's as super as made out to be - let his play and performance speak for itself. He's been dynamite since his return, let's cheer that on without implying he is Hercules with skates on.
Man people on here were pumping Kovalevs tires hard. Why do you need to get upset if people like Weber too? It's clearly a meme derived from the fact that he's 6 foot 4 and an absolute unit. You clearly adored Subban but no need to give Weber crap, especially when he's playing this well, because he got traded for one of your favorite players

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Is it really ridiculous not to think a ~55pt winger as high-end??

I like Gallagher a lot but he's no Tarasenko.

A 26 year old winger who is on pace for his second straight 30 goal season alongside what many term a 3rd line center, while playing tough minutes defensively, is top end. With wingers, I don't care so much about points; furthermore, in this case, Gallagher is not going to get a lot of assists on Danault goals, LOL.

Reactions: Vachon23

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Gallagher's value is greater than his point totals.

He plays a two-way game involving difficult minutes, he has a high goals-to-assists ratio, and he's relatively more effective at 5on5 than at 5on4.

The most important attribute that a forward can have is 5on5 goal scoring, and that's why Gallagher's value is greater than that of most players with his point totals.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Man people on here were pumping Kovalevs tires hard. Why do you need to get upset if people like Weber too? It's clearly a meme derived from the fact that he's 6 foot 4 and an absolute unit. You clearly adored Subban but no need to give Weber crap, especially when he's playing this well, because he got traded for one of your favorite players
people should seriously stop using this.

Clearly your analysis isnt any good, cause Weber is your fav Habs, you know...

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
people should seriously stop using this.

Clearly your analysis isnt any good, cause Weber is your fav Habs, you know...
It's clear the other poster is upset because Subban got traded. Read his posts... I was too I have his jersey. Was my favorite Hab but it hasn't prevented me from appreciating what Weber brings to the team and I certainly won't get upset just because people use hyperboles to describe the guys skill. It's all in good fun nothing to get angry about

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
It's clear the other poster is upset because Subban got traded. Read his posts... I was too I have his jersey. Was my favorite Hab but it hasn't prevented me from appreciating what Weber brings to the team and I certainly won't get upset just because people use hyperboles to describe the guys skill. It's all in good fun nothing to get angry about
doesnt change what I said.

that and "I was a PK fan too" are used way too often on this board.

Anyway, there's no point... Weber is clearly a god to some of you, and there's nothing said that will make it look more human.

Funny thing though, people whining because others were giving too much love to PK are doing the exact same thing with Weber.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
doesnt change what I said.

that and "I was a PK fan too" are used way too often on this board.

Anyway, there's no point... Weber is clearly a god to some of you, and there's nothing said that will make it look more human.

Funny thing though, people whining because others were giving too much love to PK are doing the exact same thing with Weber.
I really don't care. If its really that upsetting to people when others compliment their players then maybe they should stay off this board. Funny how it only bothers people when it's Weber and not Domi, KK or Drouin though...

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I really don't care. If its really that upsetting to people when others compliment their players then maybe they should stay off this board. Funny how it only bothers people when it's Weber and not Domi, KK or Drouin though...
try talking as if one of those three were gods...

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I've never refered to Weber as a god . I've called him a beast after he rifled one in or cranked someone. I've never seen anyone calling him a god. Domi has been getting his tires pumped way more recently. Not gonna get mad about it though
considering the only "flaw", skating according to his disciples, is being turned into an advantage... I say that's pretty much the same.

He's no god but he never does anything wrong, yeah sure...

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
considering the only "flaw", skating according to his disciples, is being turned into an advantage... I say that's pretty much the same.

He's no god but he never does anything wrong, yeah sure...
Where are you even going with this? People shouldn't get upset when the Weber memes come out. That's it.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Where are you even going with this? People shouldn't get upset when the Weber memes come out. That's it.
If you don't get what i'M saying, why in hell do you bother responding ?

there's no should or shouldnt, people react anyway they wait, it's entertainement that's it.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
If you don't get what i'M saying, why in hell do you bother responding ?

there's no should or shouldnt, people react anyway they wait, it's entertainement that's it.
If it's upsetting to you then you must be really fun at parties. And the comment on his skating is just completely irrelevant and off topic.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
If it's upsetting to you then you must be really fun at parties. And the comment on his skating is just completely irrelevant and off topic.
lemme guess, you think it's upsetting to me cause I'm a huge PK fan or something...

it's neither, but it does sound a little negative though, so yeah, have to stop talking about it... have to. mentionning Weber skating in a Weber thread, off topic now...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Agreed. If we drafted Weber instead of Subban, the general feeling towards Weber would be very different. It's not Weber's fault Bergevin traded a RD for a RD who was 4 years older. Weber is a darn good NHL defenseman and he's still on my team Canada roster if we had to make a Olympic or World Cup team today. Subban would be on it too

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
lemme guess, you think it's upsetting to me cause I'm a huge PK fan or something...

it's neither, but it does sound a little negative though, so yeah, have to stop talking about it... have to. mentionning Weber skating in a Weber thread, off topic now...

No doubt, Weber will be caught flat footed at times due to his style of game. I guess there are some who rather focus on the positives aspects to his game after all the comments towards him in the past. I think it's worth to talk about the impact he has provided and how much better our D is with him?

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
No doubt, Weber will be caught flat footed at times due to his style of game. I guess there are some who rather focus on the positives aspects to his game after all the comments towards him in the past. I think it's worth to talk about the impact he has provided and how much better our D is with him?
define impact.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Agreed. If we drafted Weber instead of Subban, the general feeling towards Weber would be very different. It's not Weber's fault Bergevin traded a RD for a RD who was 4 years older. Weber is a darn good NHL defenseman and he's still on my team Canada roster if we had to make a Olympic or World Cup team today. Subban would be on it too
Wow, just noticed....

Weber

6GP.......3 goals

Subban

18GP.....2 goals

What happened to Subby Doo?? I honestly don’t know the extent of his injury...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad