Is This The End?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
4 years with this brittle overpaid overrated mountain man, and the habs will have seen a whopping 6 playoff games where he continued to not show up. what a horrid trade for bargainbin...BuT GuYs He HaS mOrE PtS tHaN sUbBaN tHiS year? Yah and? all the teams that got subban improved their teams, the teams that removed subban got worse. that's the fact. sick of weber.
Weber thread.

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
Injuries don't force a player to retire. The decision to retire or not is 100% on the player. Injuries can force a player to finish his career on the LTIR. To be honest if Weber can't play anymore and retires instead of going on the LTIR it means he doesn't give a **** about Nashville. He'll grab the remaining money imo.
He didn't give a shit about Nashville when he signed the offer sheet either.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
4 - 6 weeks is through mid March to the end of the season. Me finds it hard to believe he plays another game this year. After that, who knows? Maybe I missed it. Was there a specific event recently that caused this most recent injury?

Smokescreen.

It happened in the game against New Jersey. He tried to avoid a direct slapshot to the foot. It still managed to hit him but his movement was awkward. He left the ice skate-limping but came back.

Reactions: swimmer77

jordy

Apr 18, 2007
I'm sick of Weber too. what a stupid trade.

4 years with this brittle overpaid overrated mountain man, and the habs will have seen a whopping 6 playoff games where he continued to not show up. what a horrid trade for bargainbin...BuT GuYs He HaS mOrE PtS tHaN sUbBaN tHiS year? Yah and? all the teams that got subban improved their teams, the teams that removed subban got worse. that's the fact. sick of weber.

Reactions: Andrei79

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
It happened in the game against New Jersey. He tried to avoid a direct slapshot to the foot. It still managed to hit him but his movement was awkward. He left the ice skate-limping but came back.

If his injury is from an impact,sounds more like structural damage as opposed to tissue damage,better off cracking a bone than shredding tissue.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

Yes indeed! the Devils are on fire,gonna sweep for the cup!. LMFAO.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Yes indeed! the Devils are on fire,gonna sweep for the cup!. LMFAO.

upload_2020-2-14_17-27-33.jpeg

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
The devils have actually improved from last year and been on a 93 pt pace after removing taylor hall. The habs have been miserable during webers entire tenure, keep being an apologist for a deplorable deal. Lol.
Habs got the better player in Weber. That debate has been settled. The problem wasn't the value-for-value swap, it was the missed opportunity to build around Weber or build a stronger future. Bergevin did neither.

The trade was good. It could've been great.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Habs got the better player in Weber. That debate has been settled. The problem wasn't the value-for-value swap, it was the missed opportunity to build around Weber or build a stronger future. Bergevin did neither.

The trade was good. It could've been great.
I’ll take “I don’t think so sir” for a thousand Alex.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I’ll take “I don’t think so sir” for a thousand Alex.
Depends how you look at it. Player v. player Weber's overall contribution has been better over the four seasons. I mean, advantage might eventually go to Subban if Weber's done, but as of now Montreal comes out ahead.

On the other hand, it's fair to say the team didn't get better. Lose a #1D, gain a #1D. Net difference... hardly worth it. In that respect it was a huge opportunity lost. As usual with Bergevin, it comes down to his lack of team-building. Getting Weber could've been great if Bergevin kept Radulov and added another solid vet or two. Or it could've been great if he'd gotten a 1st-round pick/top prospect/upcoming star. Doing neither meant he created a lot of noise for nothing.

The one thing I admit drives me nuts is when someone ties the Habs decline to Weber, as if he was the reason the team sucked. That's just a lazy excuse. It's like saying we should've kept Therrien because the team was so much better under him than Julien. The lesson is you can acquire the better guy and still suck if the overall team has no plan.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Wait, you mean to say Stares Weber and all his hard mileage is breaking down possibly beyond repair? Who would have saw that coming....shocking i say, shocking!
what we did not see is Subban turning into Elvis on skates, before Weber broke down.

Last edited:
Reactions: HankyZetts

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
The devils have actually improved from last year and been on a 93 pt pace after removing taylor hall. The habs have been miserable during webers entire tenure, keep being an apologist for a deplorable deal. Lol.
and the habs were miserable the year before getting Weber.

Reactions: angusyoung

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
My shoe stopped but my foot inside the shoe didn't. The sudden force of my toe trying to eject itself from the end of the shoe caused enough pressure on the toe nail for it to rip right off. It's the same momentum you get when a car suddenly stops but you're still ejected forward, except it's your foot inside an enclosed shoe. It was extraordinarily painful.

I've played a lot of sports in my time. My worst injuries were always from basketball. All the sprinting & sudden stops, jumping, I had to stop playing because of chronic shin splits. I can't jump anymore. So now I hike, bike, occasionally play baseball, swim, nothing that puts too much strain on the lower legs.

The toe nail grew back.
Wow.

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
Funny
what we did not see id Subban turning into Elvis on skates before Weber broke down.
Funny how everyone harps on Subban’s performance this year yet completely ignores the three previous years when he was in Nashville where he was a Norris trophy finalist and helped bring the team to the finals. Remind me again what Weber has brought us the past 4 years besides being “respected around the league”?

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Funny

Funny how everyone harps on Subban’s performance this year yet completely ignores the three previous years when he was in Nashville where he was a Norris trophy finalist and helped bring the team to the finals. Remind me again what Weber has brought us the past 4 years besides being “respected around the league”?

He sucked last year also and the first year Weber was slightly better than him.

All PeeKay has on Weber was the 2nd year when he was a Norris finalist.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Funny

Weber has brought the Habs precisely as far as Claude Julien has. Does this make Therrien the better coach because the team was better when he was here?

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
He sucked last year also and the first year Weber was slightly better than him.

All PeeKay has on Weber was the 2nd year when he was a Norris finalist.
So you still would rather have had Weber over Subban all these years?

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
Weber has brought the Habs precisely as far as Claude Julien has. Does this make Therrien the better coach because the team was better when he was here?
Dude he’s been injured 60% of his time here which is why he is a pilon the other 40% of the time he’s actually healthy enough to play. And that he has a slight uptick in points this year is not gonna make up for his increasing lack of mobility and speed.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Funny

Sid Crosby could not bring this team to a finals.

Hart Trophy Carey Price with PK Subban in his prime won one lousy round (against the Sens lol) The team is that f***en bad.

Weber, Price, Subban. .......... all won f*** all in Montreal. I dont blame Price and Subban for any of that........nor do I blame Weber. They are the three best players the team has had in years .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad