Player Discussion Shea Weber: Oh Captain, My Captain Edition

Is This The End?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
I am not kidding at all: If Weber is potentially retiring (as per that Kypreos news) due to the foot issue, bring Subban back. He'll cost virtually nothing, he played his best as a Habs, and he gives us another horse on the back end that can eat up minutes.

Wait, you mean to say Stares Weber and all his hard mileage is breaking down possibly beyond repair? Who would have saw that coming....shocking i say, shocking!

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
I am not kidding at all: If Weber is potentially retiring (as per that Kypreos news) due to the foot issue, bring Subban back. He'll cost virtually nothing, he played his best as a Habs, and he gives us another horse on the back end that can eat up minutes.

No!

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

upload_2020-2-12_13-29-10.jpeg

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
Wait, you mean to say Stares Weber and all his hard mileage is breaking down possibly beyond repair? Who would have saw that coming....shocking i say, shocking!

Lol funny thing is Both Subban and Weber are broken down now

But yeah everyone knew when the trade was made that Weber had a lot of HARD miles on him and that is why I was fustrated with the trade .

When you do it .. you almost have to plan for a 4/5 year window before what's happening now happens and act accordingly .

Reactions: ArtPeur

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Lol funny thing is Both Subban and Weber are broken down now

But yeah everyone knew when the trade was made that Weber had a lot of HARD miles on him and that is why I was fustrated with the trade .

When you do it .. you almost have to plan for a 4/5 year window before what's happening now happens and act accordingly .
That being said very few expected the steep decline in Subban play.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Chances he plays this season again? Right now it feels like 0 but how much facts do we know? Remember Gallagher rushing back with his concussion and how things get out of control fast with our fast base chatter?

Reactions: habsfan891

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Uuhh that's totally different,

Weber has a history of injuries, and reoccurring injuries

You make it sound like he has more than the injuries he had in 17/18 season? This problem is due to a freak shot to his foot and that is a rare surgery he went through. I remember reading into that back when and there are not many specialty doctors in that area. It's likely he got hit again in the same area and the swelling and pain has not gone away after a week.

His knee injury was good for his career cause they elected to sew the meniscus tear vs grind it down. That's why it took him so long to come back. If they decided to grind it down, then yeah, he likely is not at 100% and is more open to another knee injury cause there is less "rubber" around the rim sort of speak

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
Forsberg had to retire because of foot injuries and he tried to come back couple times it just wasnt possible for him to play anymore

Reactions: Fixxer

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
So at the end of the day it's just an plain ol ankle sprain and he's out 4-6 weeks which likely means the rest of this season. So no surgery required then? Great news after all the doom and gloom from that earlier Kypreos tweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->