Confirmed with Link: Shea Weber is the new captain of the Montreal Canadiens

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Shea will be a good captain. I don't think Team Canada hands out A's to just anyone either. Only on this forum will people dispute if Weber is a good leader, or player.. its hilarious to watch people hate a guy so much, just because he was traded for PK, and not on his hockey abilities. But they love Danault and Byron to the death.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
the obvious choices, Byron and Gallagher getting A's sends the right message. On a side note, Weber playing less for two years may be a blessing in disguise.

I like!

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
You forgot Mountain Man. That's an emotion also.

It's #ManMountain... or is it #CantContainCaptain now?

CslMGevWYAQLr74.jpg

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
As of today, it makes sense. I would have preferred to see the possibility to move him to do a real full rebuild....but it won't happen. The day you decide that he is going to stick around, there was just no other candidate. For now.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
The role of "captain" is overated in todays NHL.

Meh. Happy for Weber but I dont know if he's happy.

I don't agree. I think human nature comes into play...a captain does influence the way people play imo. Habs were fine without a captain...then it started to go downhill the minute we picked the wrong one.

Reactions: HankyZetts

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
He is a great leader no doubt. I just hope the recent injuries and surgeries do not affect his foot speed which is almost an issue.

We need him back in true form

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I don’t agree with the move. To me Weber should be traded and Gallagher made captain for the rebuild.

Given that numb nuts is the GM and won’t do a full rebuild, this was the expected move and I’m sure Weber will be a fine captain.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
3 excellent choices. I gotta say, I've really been impressed with how the offseason and preseason have gone. Doesn't change past mistakes, but I do like that the team is changing philosophies and moving forward.

Reactions: HankyZetts

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
3 excellent choices. I gotta say, I've really been impressed with how the offseason and preseason have gone. Doesn't change past mistakes, but I do like that the team is changing philosophies and moving forward.
Wish I could agree, but this is the wrong season to do so given Weber will not be in playing condition till likely feb, and he may not come back properly till next year if at all. This was way to premature.

Reactions: Pickles

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
He was the right choice for the C.

Only thing I don't understand is his fascination with meals.

I've kept hearing how he helped guys get meals, how his biggest influence in the AHL was a guy giving him free meals and how he does a lot of team dinners.

Is this an extension of Molsons better fan experience, but for players ?

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
He was the right choice for the C.

Only thing I don't understand is his fascination with meals.

I've kept hearing how he helped guys get meals, how his biggest influence in the AHL was a guy giving him free meals and how he does a lot of team dinners.

Is this an extension of Molsons better fan experience, but for players ?

He has 110 million reasons why. Plus 110 million bucks can buy you a lot of meals :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad