Confirmed with Link: Shea Weber is the new captain of the Montreal Canadiens

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Because Weber was Management's choice from the start.
His reaction to some questions on Tout le monde en parle.

They're also adding value to the Weber Trade by giving Weber the C.

Bottom line this weber-subban trade will haunt for many more years to come.

I personally dont think Weber wants to be here let alone be the captain.
But what does that have to do with the pacioretty vote, or non vote as you say

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
But what does that have to do with the pacioretty vote, or non vote as you say

Pacioretty was a cancer in the locker room last year. How do you go from being "voted" captain to being a cancer when the players "chose" you? Have you seen this happen many times before in the past?

There's no such thing as a player's vote in Mtl. You are given the C.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
My opinion has been that the players should name the captain but the evidence of how things played out with the last Habs vote may have changed that.

In Jean Beliveau`s book, he mentioned that when he was voted captain, he thought it would go to Boom Boom Geoffrion. Reading Dave Stubbs article here, sheds some light on it:

Dec. 7 momentous, sad day in Jean Beliveau lore

Geoffrion was coming off his 50 goal season (only the second in NHL history at that time, after the Rocket). His career really seems to have gone downhill from there. From the article, he realized he was not as popular with his teammates as he may have thought.

When Pacioretty was elected captain, was there any division in the lockerroom? Don`t know but if management had named someone other then Pacioretty or Subban, wonder if both those players might still be around. We`ll never know but these guys have pride, my perception was Cammalleri wasn`t the same after Gionta was named captain.

If his teammates agree, then Weber is a solid choice as captain. Hopefully no spinoff issues this time around.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
So the guy is firing shots at a guy who got traded 3 years ago?

Wow! Thats some solid leadership right there...
Well, apparently you didn't even get it so I think he'll be fine... And I'm not sure there are a lot of your idol fans remaining in that hockey room...

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Well, apparently you didn't even get it so I think he'll be fine... And I'm not sure there are a lot of your idol fans remaining in that hockey room...

you lost me there

nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg

Last edited:

uiCk

Jan 20, 2009
MTL
The poster you quoted showed 0 aggressiveness. You manage to insult his intelligence, twice, for no reason, only because your 4 year old grudge against posters who associated more to a certain player core then the managment controlling it.

You're the most toxic element on this board for past 4 years.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Pacioretty was a cancer in the locker room last year. How do you go from being "voted" captain to being a cancer when the players "chose" you? Have you seen this happen many times before in the past?

There's no such thing as a player's vote in Mtl. You are given the C.

The thing about Max being voted captain is that almost everyone who were voting for that captain was no longer on the team.

I believe only Price, Plekanec, Gallagher, and Petry stuck around. Everyone else who was part of that vote were no longer on the team by the time Pacioretty was traded.

Reactions: Genesis76

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
The thing about Max being voted captain is that almost everyone who were voting for that captain was no longer on the team.

I believe only Price, Plekanec, Gallagher, and Petry stuck around. Everyone else who was part of that vote were no longer on the team by the time Pacioretty was traded.

Thats a solid point.

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
I know for people Subban is more valuable and better. But i like more Weber for young D like Mete, Juulsen, Reilly and more. He is a better leader than Subban. Subban isn't a captain. Weber can play good for many years to come!
Lets see him play 1 game first...

Reactions: Genesis76

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad