Confirmed with Link: Shea Weber is the new captain of the Montreal Canadiens

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Wish I could agree, but this is the wrong season to do so given Weber will not be in playing condition till likely feb, and he may not come back properly till next year if at all. This was way to premature.

Have to agree here.

I don’t know what the rush was? I was actually expecting them to not even name a captain this season.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
He has 110 million reasons why. Plus 110 million bucks can buy you a lot of meals :laugh:

I’ll take a free meal, we hungry.

200.gif

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Have to agree here.

I don’t know what the rush was? I was actually expecting them to not even name a captain this season.

Media would probably blame the captain-less team for lack of success soon enough

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
He was the right choice for the C.

Only thing I don't understand is his fascination with meals.

I've kept hearing how he helped guys get meals, how his biggest influence in the AHL was a guy giving him free meals and how he does a lot of team dinners.

Is this an extension of Molsons better fan experience, but for players ?

lol, when I first moved out when I was 19 and from Montreal to Alberta for work, getting home cooked meals with friends and their families was really a bigger thing then I would have thought. If you were like me and had family dinner every night, its was really weird and depressing just eating dinner by myself before I met my girlfriend. Eating with a family even not my own helped me feel at home for sure.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
As of today, it makes sense. I would have preferred to see the possibility to move him to do a real full rebuild....but it won't happen. The day you decide that he is going to stick around, there was just no other candidate. For now.
Keeping him is probably best for the rebuild. At least for a couple years. I don't like the idea of having a dcorps with only like 80 NHL games under their belt.

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
Should have gave it to him right after they traded for him

I couldn't agree more.

And I think Patches is a different player as a result as well if that happened, Hindsight is so wonderful, isn't it? :D

Regardless, excellent choice as captain and Weber will be a good one.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The French thing should be a non issue considering Weber barely speaks English as is.

It shouldn't be but it is. Look at how RDS made sure to include in a piece, how he said a few words in French:

Contrairement à ce qu’il a vécu à Nashville en tant que capitaine, Weber sera énormément sollicité par les médias. Il se dit prêt à vaquer à de telles occupations et il a pris le temps de prononcer quelques mots en français.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
It shouldn't be but it is. Look at how RDS made sure to include in a piece, how he said a few words in French:

Contrairement à ce qu’il a vécu à Nashville en tant que capitaine, Weber sera énormément sollicité par les médias. Il se dit prêt à vaquer à de telles occupations et il a pris le temps de prononcer quelques mots en français.

It's important to some people

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

This obsession is what made me completely leave RDS.

What happened to their ratings last season is just sublime and delictable karma.

I almost came in my pants when I read the article saying both TVA and RDS loss a lot of profit because of the Hab woes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad