Confirmed with Link: Shayne Gostisbehere Signs Multi-Year Extension (Six Years $4.5M Per)

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Rob Ellis bores the hell out of me. I can't listen to him for more than about 10 seconds.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I disagree. Unlike most guys he can talk about all four teams and he's half way decent.

He never says anything. Always uses cliches. He says what he thinks people want to hear rather than giving an honest opinion. But hey if he does it for you don't let me ruin it.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Holy crap!!! What an IMMENSE overpayment. Thanks a lot, Hextall, for a 6-year. Cap. Anchor. Nobody knows how Gostisbehere is going to bounce back from his sophomore slump. No patience for this team's front office!!

Well, SOMEBODY had to disagree with this wonderful, beautiful steal of a contract.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
i was just doing up a potential flyers roster for next season on capfriendly.com and was wondering what Ghost would end up signing for. think i added him around 5m for 5 years, so to see 4.5 @ 6 was quite amazing to see.

this is gonna be a steal of a contract very soon. amazing deal by Hexy.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Six ****ing years at 4.5!?!?!?!?!!

rbAGX.gif

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Not saying much but Rob Ellis is one of the best in the Philly sports media.

that might be true..which is really sad...even worse when it comes to hockey in this town..we have ..like no one...i wish Les was back on the job

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Let me get this straight, we're (Wings) paying Danny Dekeyser 5 million per year and Philly is paying Gostisbehere 4.5 million per year? Something doesn't add up here...:shakehead

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I would be interested in a candid interview/question to hear how his upcoming contract possibly effected his play. Ghost seems to play his best when he's fully confident in things and after the ACL and hernia I'm sure he had a lot on his mind about how things could play out $ wise. At this point he's basically set for life if he doesn't majorly screw up his money situation. This could be something that helps him settle into him playing "his game" and not worrying about distractions.

I think this explains the deal for both sides.
Ghost is undersized and has already had some injury issues, Hextall probably figures he's likely to get injured again down the road.

So Ghost gets security at the cost of a bigger contract in three years, Hextall gets him at a reasonable price for a talented but smaller D-man who presents an injury risk.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Ghost's injuries haven't had anything to do with his size.

The Flyers had Eric Lindros and are probably about to get Nolan Patrick, and yet the small guys get hurt easier stereotype keeps getting brought up.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Solid deal. Even if he doesn't return to rookie year point production he's still a good defenseman and 4.5 million is not a tough pill to swallow if he plays the way he did this year throughout his deal. He's UFA after the deal?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Ghost's injuries haven't had anything to do with his size.

The Flyers had Eric Lindros and are probably about to get Nolan Patrick, and yet the small guys get hurt easier stereotype keeps getting brought up.

I guess groin and acl are small guy injuries now. Patrick must have fake height and weight in all of the scouting reports.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Solid deal. Even if he doesn't return to rookie year point production he's still a good defenseman and 4.5 million is not a tough pill to swallow if he plays the way he did this year throughout his deal. He's UFA after the deal?

Yep. It buys 3 UFA years.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I guess groin and acl are small guy injuries now. Patrick must have fake height and weight in all of the scouting reports.

Morin is 6'7" 230 lbs. & just had offseason surgery (hernia last year & both wrists this offseason) for the second year in a row after having a junior career with his fair share of injuries.

Hockey is a contact sport. Injuries are going to happen regardless of what a player's stature is.

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
World Traveller
Came home from work to this great news.

So many good things over the last couple months - Knoblauch, Lindblom signing, Vecchione for free and the best one - winning pick #2. Great time to be a fan.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Morin is 6'7" 230 lbs. & just had offseason surgery (hernia last year & both wrists this offseason) for the second year in a row after having a junior career with his fair share of injuries.

Hockey is a contact sport. Injuries are going to happen regardless of what a player's stature is.

When was the last time we had a player who got an injury that you could honestly say wouldn't have happened if he was bigger? I can't think of one, to be honest..

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: