Confirmed with Link: Shayne Gostisbehere Signs Multi-Year Extension (Six Years $4.5M Per)

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Wouldn't be surprised to see a 3 year deal. Hexy could then use AMacs money coming off the books to resign him again. I just can't see them throwing anything more than 4 years at him after an inconsistent season especially with all the options the Flyers have coming up.

I'll guess 3 years at $4.25m per.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Wouldn't be surprised to see a 3 year deal. Hexy could then use AMacs money coming off the books to resign him again. I just can't see them throwing anything more than 4 years at him after an inconsistent season especially with all the options the Flyers have coming up.

I'll guess 3 years at $4.25m per.

3 years would be bad because he'll be a UFA at the end of it.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Going by Hextall's comments I'm feeling a two year deal. Three would take him right to UFA so it wouldn't be that.

I don't mind a bridge. There's obvious risk that he out performs it, but there's also risk in slapping $30m down right now.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
you would hope for at least 4-years.

would not be happy with 3-years unless it was under 4 million.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
3 years would be bad because he'll be a UFA at the end of it.

How many RFA years does he have left, 2? I'd still be ok with 3 years because of the fact that AMacs deal is up and they'll have some extra money to throw at him if he bounces back. Hexy has made it a point to stay away from long deals, especially for guys who are a risk. I can't imagine anything more than 3-4 years for Ghost.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Short term deals that end in UFA status are what you give MDZ, not a player like Ghost.

you would hope for at least 4-years.

would not be happy with 3-years unless it was under 4 million.

I think the options are 2 years, or 5+ years at around $5m.

nuclear reactor

Apr 5, 2010
Las Vegas could have signed Gostisbehere to an offer during the 48 hour window, counting as their selection from the Flyers in the expansion draft, so I suppose Panaccio isn't totally wrong. EDIT: or am I wrong too? Not sure if the window is before or after the draft.... ok I'm wrong never mind.

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
How many RFA years does he have left, 2? I'd still be ok with 3 years because of the fact that AMacs deal is up and they'll have some extra money to throw at him if he bounces back. Hexy has made it a point to stay away from long deals, especially for guys who are a risk. I can't imagine anything more than 3-4 years for Ghost.

Voracek - 8 years
Couturier - 6 years
Schenn - 4 years
Weise - 4 years
Gudas - 4 years

Hextall doesn't shy away from long term contracts.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Great contract. Even if he just stays at his current level there is a bit of bargain there. If he flops/flames out it wouldn't be that hard to find someone to take that contract with a sweetener.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad