Sharks win 3-1

mactforcoach

Nov 18, 2008
Drayton Valley Ab
oh c'mon people, did anyone really expect us to beat the Sharks? I thought the Oilers looked pretty good for the second half of the game. Maybe not world beaters but small steps towards improvement. Best thing about tonight, due to weather warnings we stayed home so no 90 minute drive home on lousy roads!

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
What the hell were you watching? Eberle had his best game of the year. Perron was about as useful as a masturbating chimp tonight.

Oh give me a break, you're going to drastically change your opinion on these players based on one game? Eberle is a floater. Some nights he'll look good, but by and large he is invisible for 19:30 out f 20:00 on the ice.

EpSoNiight

Nov 14, 2013
Im guessing the reason the refs didnt call the high stick on Gordon was because earlier in the game there was a missed call where an oiler player drew blood on a sharks player and that went uncalled. I remember Ferraro mentioning the refs explaining it to eakins

hmminvisiblecola1279

there are kids in it
Jul 9, 2002
no thanks
Visit site
I waiting on a loss tomorrow to call the season officially a waste. Got to at least beat the flames.

Even game, we couldn't buy a break. Dubs has been ok, but, on quite a few shots that hit the post, he was beat. SJ back up goalie was still better.

So after every game we lose, it is just because we didn't get the breaks. I see the media along with MacT and Eakins have done a masterful job of winning you over. Check the standings for me would you, must all be bad breaks. Those poor, poor guys.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Yak showed more in this game than any other player on this team has the whole season. Best player on our team.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Dont overate this pretty lost! Sharks had a hard game last night! They did only enough to collect 2 points.

Battle of Alberta will be crucial, if the Flames run over us, it will be a coach changing, something must shake up this team and save something from this season.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
So after every game we lose, it is just because we didn't get the breaks. I see the media along with MacT and Eakins have done a masterful job of winning you over. Check the standings for me would you, must all be bad breaks. Those poor, poor guys.

Luck is a big part of the game. Some stretches you get breaks, some you don't. Unless you are some fatalist, to me it is just common sense. Even the announcers were speechless at how we couldn't seem to get a break this game.

I am not saying this a is a good team, but we have also had no breaks.

cyril*

"Last place is something I know about if there's ever a concern" - #6cups

nitz

Jul 27, 2009
To be fair, I wouldn't expect the Oikers to beat the Sharks on the best of nights.

I only watched about half the game, but it never looked like the Sharks were concerned about the possibility of losing.

Last edited:

hmminvisiblecola1279

there are kids in it
Jul 9, 2002
no thanks
Visit site
Luck is a big part of the game. Some stretches you get breaks, some you don't. Unless you are some fatalist, to me it is just common sense. Even the announcers were speechless at how we couldn't seem to get a break this game.

I am not saying this a is a good team, but we have also had no breaks.

You don't win games by getting good breaks. You show effort which is rewarded, now that is common sense. If the Oilers have to get wins by luck this team is in more trouble than I thought.

Hockey Monkey

Oct 4, 2011
That...was a lot of posts.

I'm really glad to see Yak with a good game.

Oilers forwards are just so bad defensively. I dunno. So much space open high in the zone.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
You know whats scary. The only home win the team was trailing 3-0 after 2 periods and needed a breakdown by Brodeur in the 3rd to get that win.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Gene Principe ‏@GenePrincipe
I've seen Taylor Hall after almost every loss. I have never seen him like I just did.The kid cares a ton but the defeats are wearing on him

Oh boy..

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Now they're sending Eberle out to work the point on the PP in place of Gagner... tough to pass it into the net from back there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad