GDT: Sharks vs. Lightning @ 8pm?? VlaMiddleSimHeRy

RickyHP

May 9, 2013
Bay Area, CA
Well, I wasn’t expecting that outcome. Great motivating play. You can tell the guys wanted this one. Wish they’d play like this more often. Amazing what a semi competent defense (without vlasic/Braun) does.

f*** yeah, great win

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
EK on TV postgame interview:

- it was a good win, they're the top team in the league, we don't wanna make it easy coming into our building, so I thought we did a good job early, we kept our foot on the gas
- [on his 2nd goal] I got a good pass going down the wing there from Dilly, kinda gave a bit of a fake shot there, was able to sneak it 5-hole

EK on radio postgame interview:

- I think that we played well, they're a really good team obviously, they're fun to watch, they're playing hockey the way it's meant to be played I think, it's a treat to be able to play against them, I think everybody was ready to go today, we did what we felt we had to do to be successful and came away with two big points
- [how is it meant to be played?] play with possession, not throwing pucks away, trying to create things out there, it's not always going to go the way you want, but at least make mistakes the right way; I think that both teams played well, but at the end of the day, we beared down a little bit more, we got the saves when we needed from Joner, he was great for us today, we took the opportunities that they gave us and we put the puck in the net
- [on playing a lot of minutes] every game is different, we know today that we're gonna have to play a lot of minutes, it's something that luckily I've been able to do for a long period of time in this league, it's just fun, you wanna play out there, you wanna be out there and help your team win, it's no different today, I think everybody who got the time that they got on the ice I think did a great job with it, and that's what we're gonna need all year long
- [on pairing w/ Dillon] he's a great player, we make good reads out there, I feel like we think the game the same way, that's the most important thing, I know what to expect out of him and he knows what to expect out of me, it makes it easy for us out there to make those good reads and find that chemistry

rideaucrusher21

Aug 8, 2008
CA
Even I f it’s not here, Ryan is going to be a legit top 4 dman in the NHL. Simek is too, but Ryan just looks so smooth with the puck. Wish he had a bit more size, but he’s the real deal.

That was such a satisfying win. Team win top to bottom.

SharksFan17

Apr 17, 2017
I was impressed by the responsibility in the defensive zone. They were able to keep most of the shots to the outside, no breakaways, the forwards came back to help, and they didn't get hemmed in for too long and had decent breakout passes, and not many high turnovers. Good job all around.

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
What a satisfying win. Easily the best game of the year, and they can look to this statement game the rest of the year to build off of. Keep playing like this across the board and we'll be in a good spot.

Reactions: mooncalf

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Sharks are streak-BUSTERS on Owen Nolan bobblehead night... couldn’t be more fitting, eh?

9DB7.gif

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
best thing is the sharks didn't catch more than a couple of breaks tonight, where the other team made the killer play and just whiffed on the finish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad