GDT: Sharks vs. Lightning @ 8pm?? VlaMiddleSimHeRy

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
I missed the 1st 2 periods. The 3rd was impressive though outshooting them 17-3 with the lead. Pretty funny that Jones still ended up with under .900 sv pct again.

The Sharks are 3-0 against Nashville and Tampa so that's good. Good to see them bounce back against the Avs and Bolts after that shitshow in Calgary. Hopefully they don't have a letdown and lay an egg against LA and Edmonton after giving it their all for this game.

Reactions: Sandisfan

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Imagine this game with John Tavares up front and Dylan DeMelo in place of Erik Karlsson.

That
is why you take Erik Karlsson over John Tavares, regardless of positional need, or the amount of assets you have to pay.

I was at the game tonight, and I’ll just say it was the best game of the season by far.

SpryHorribleFruitfly-max-1mb.gif

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Imagine this game with John Tavares up front and Dylan DeMelo in place of Erik Karlsson.

That
is why you take Erik Karlsson over John Tavares, regardless of positional need, or the amount of assets you have to pay.

I was at the game tonight, and I’ll just say it was the best game of the season by far.
Blasphemous.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
I noticed a several spots where burns had a chance to take it down low (with the lead) and he did hard assertive dumps or pass plays instead, and it was SO much better than scrambling everyone and giving up the 2 on 1 and goal. I hope he does that more often, if do right no can defense.

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
lol wtf happened?
Skate blade or something else broke on the skate after Tampa's 2nd goal. Dell had to come in and make a save, which kept Jones at sub .900 for the game lol. I'm actually really curious about little rules like this. Goalies get skates sharpened all the time after whistles, but I guess broken skates take longer and require them to come out to avoid delaying the game?

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Can we just bench Vlasic and Braun for the rest of the season? It's pretty clear they are the difference between getting blown out by a bottom feeder and flat out dominating the best team in the NHL.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Even I f it’s not here, Ryan is going to be a legit top 4 dman in the NHL. Simek is too, but Ryan just looks so smooth with the puck. Wish he had a bit more size, but he’s the real deal.

That was such a satisfying win. Team win top to bottom.

I agree on Ryan. Simek...this could just be a flash; another Jim Fahey.

Can we just bench Vlasic and Braun for the rest of the season? It's pretty clear they are the difference between getting blown out by a bottom feeder and flat out dominating the best team in the NHL.

It is one game. Middleton didn't look so great, and while Heed was great offensively, he had his defensive miscues.

Reactions: slocal

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
This is what happens when the best 2 defensemen in the league play 30 min each. Just a preview of the playoffs :).

Can they just give two Norris trophies to these guys because they have no chance of winning since they will take each others votes.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Burns takes over NHL scoring lead by defensemen from Reilly.

He will never give it back.

Burns and Karlsson might cannibalize one another’s Norris Trophy votes, but let’s be clear here - there is not evidence that they will cannibalize one another’s production.

Burns has played 39 fewer games than he did last season and has only 20 fewer points. Karlsson’s pace is only 70 points per 82 games, but he had a poor start, and he will probably catch up.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Kucherov had scored in 22 of 23 games including his last 12. We not only held him scoreless but he was -4. I guess our best "shutdown" defense is having Burns and Karlsson out there for 30 mins playing offense. Hopefully this opens up Deboer's eyes that you don't have to match up Vlasic-Braun against top competition all the time.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Kucherov had scored in 22 of 23 games including his last 12. We not only held him scoreless but he was -4. I guess our best "shutdown" defense is having Burns and Karlsson out there for 30 mins playing offense. Hopefully this opens up Deboer's eyes that you don't have to match up Vlasic-Braun against top competition all the time.

Don’t forget that he had 0 shots on goal.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Watching Karlsson play is truly a treat. Aside from the obvious, I noticed one thing he does often is make plays that nobody else can make, that seem like they’re out of nowhere. Little fakes, little turns, little escapes — they’re small but magic.

Watching Karlsson AND Burns play, with both on their game, is just insane. Must’ve been how Ducks fans felt with Pronger and Neidermeyer.

Man, what a fun game to watch. Sharks came out there with something to prove and proved it loudly (while missing 3 defensemen...). I gotta say, having Heed and Simek (now Ryan) as extras was very lucky.

I don’t care if we play like this every game as long as we play like this in the playoffs...

Final, unrelated thought: keep wondering what would help us at the deadline. I think if we can swing another top 6 forward, it would really solidify the team — though, it’s not NECESSARY.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Was at the game and it was awesome...less “wooooooing” too which was nice.

Couple of thoughts:

1. Joe and Pavs kept getting hemmed in the dzone and it was painful to watch. Pete is asking for trouble defenseively by leaving them together especially against fast teams. Jumbo looked really slow tonight.

2. Trade Vlasic if possible. Opens up a lot of cap to sign an impact forward and re-sign EK65. Plus seeing Heed on the PP2 unit instead of Vlasic was fantastic.

3. Give EK65 whatever he wants. We are very lucky to have him.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Skate blade or something else broke on the skate after Tampa's 2nd goal. Dell had to come in and make a save, which kept Jones at sub .900 for the game lol. I'm actually really curious about little rules like this. Goalies get skates sharpened all the time after whistles, but I guess broken skates take longer and require them to come out to avoid delaying the game?
Depends on if the holder or blade broke. Either way he's gotta come out I bet. Blades have a little lever release if bauer so can be changed fast but I bet they need a TV timeout or he has to come out.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Burns takes over NHL scoring lead by defensemen from Reilly.
He really does deserve the Norris so far. EK65 has been great but burns has been very good defensively IMO while putting up massive points. I think the rough patch in the beginning of the year for EK65 will keep him from competing for it this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->