GDT: Sharks vs. Lightning @ 8pm?? VlaMiddleSimHeRy

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
Maybe that means it wasn’t always Jones fault.

200.gif

undercovernerd

Apr 18, 2014
Bend, OR / Bay Area, CA
One game and all, but I don't see how Vlasic is really that important, not with the way he plays anymore.

Braun could be replaced with almost any NHL caliber defenseman of any kind and you wouldn't notice the difference.
Agreed. Could this possibly open up a top 6 pickup at the TDL?

I understand Vlassic has a NMC, but he seems disgruntled. I wonder if he would waive it?

SnarkAttack

Registered Loser
Jan 18, 2011
East Bay, CA
One game and all, but I don't see how Vlasic is really that important, not with the way he plays anymore.

Braun could be replaced with almost any NHL caliber defenseman of any kind and you wouldn't notice the difference.

Karlsson has done at least as good of a job defensively on Kucherov than I could've hoped Vlasic would do. Even so, he still has provided some offensive value beyand turnovers and 50 mph slapshots.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Agreed. Could this possibly open up a top 6 pickup at the TDL?

I understand Vlassic has a NMC, but he seems disgruntled. I wonder if he would waive it?
The bigger question would be if anybody wants him? That's one of the worst defenseman contracts in the league, if not just for the term alone.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002

DeBoer is giving Burns and Karlsson some unsustainable minutes. Also, I think Tampa plays the kind of way where your team defensive strategy is more important than usual.

I generally think that DeBoer's strategy of making Vlasic and Braun take the hardest assignments so that Karlsson and Burns can feast with easy minutes isn't that necessary. Both Burns and Karlsson, when they are "on", can hold their own defensively against top competition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad