GDT: Sharks vs. Lightning @ 8pm?? VlaMiddleSimHeRy

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
The issue is the Vlasic-Braun pairing is just too slow for the modern NHL.

What I love to see is the Karlsson-Dillon pairing. They work extremely well together - the amount of times they would pass it to each other to be a forecheck shows how comfortable they are with each other.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
The issue is the Vlasic-Braun pairing is just too slow for the modern NHL.

What I love to see is the Karlsson-Dillon pairing. They work extremely well together - the amount of times they would pass it to each other to be a forecheck shows how comfortable they are with each other.

Agree - though their slowness isn't skating as much as slow puck moving. What was really noticeable last night was all dmen moving the puck up really fast. Like the 2010 Hawks. If the Sharks can sustain that kind of puck moving ability + hard backchecking by the forwards, come playoff time, they'll be tough to play against.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
@Bleedred which goals did you mark stoppable tonight? Just San Jose’s last two, right?

Maybe Tampa’s 1st?
I don't remember which goals, but I think I had Vasilevskiy down for 2. Definitely the first one was one of them. Off his angle a bit. I think it was also the fourth one? The last was borderline. It got through him before being put in, but I think because there was traffic right at the doorstep, it impeded him a bit.

I also gave Jones off on that one goal, I think it was the second? On first look, this was a ''No-chance'' goal, but on replay it looks like one that he was just off. Beat him short side and possibly through the blocker arm or just to the outside. The chest protector reduction again. Actually, that was the first Lightning goal.

I'm anxiously awaiting to see how that goal gets picked apart as being one that I shouldn't have nailed Jones on.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I don't remember which goals, but I think I had Vasilevskiy down for 2. Definitely the first one was one of them. Off his angle a bit. I think it was also the fourth one? The last was borderline. It got through him before being put in, but I think because there was traffic right at the doorstep, it impeded him a bit.

I also gave Jones off on that one goal, I think it was the second? On first look, this was a ''No-chance'' goal, but on replay it looks like one that he was just off. Beat him short side and possibly through the blocker arm or just to the outside. The chest protector reduction again. Actually, that was the first Lightning goal.

I'm anxiously awaiting to see how that goal gets picked apart as being one that I shouldn't have nailed Jones on.

First Jones goal was Hedman down main street on the blocker side and the second one was Sergachev on the backhand tip play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad