GDT: Sharks @ Rangers | 7:00 PM | MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Caps and Pens both lost today. If we win tonight, we will be 10 pts from the top spot in the Metro with 21 games left. Just saying....

Two weeks ago we were further back than that from the 8th spot.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah, I’d take a 1st round exit and the 16th overall over no playoffs and the 14th overall pick any day. We’re not drafting top 10 either way so let’s make a push

Playoff run, even if short, would be good development for the kids. Give them a taste of it, then by next season run with that determination and motivation to get back there.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Caps and Pens both lost today. If we win tonight, we will be 10 pts from the top spot in the Metro with 21 games left. Just saying....

Two weeks ago we were further back than that from the 8th spot.

If either of those teams go .500 the rest of the way, the Rangers would have to win all of their games.

Lets not get crazier than we already are.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Playoff run, even if short, would be good development for the kids. Give them a taste of it, then by next season run with that determination and motivation to get back there

Exactly. Unlike the last two years we aren’t gonna have a top 10 pick most likely so I honestly don’t see the harm in making the playoffs even if it’s short. It will only help the kids

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
If either of those teams go .500 the rest of the way, the Rangers would have to win all of their games.

Lets not get crazier than we already are.
You're asking a lot of me. LOL

Just the fact we were further back than 10 pts from the 8th spot two weeks ago,... and now only 10 pts from the top spot, shows how far we have come.

Reactions: NYRangers0723

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
we need to sell !! This team needs one more year of acquiring assets. A pipe-dream of a playoff push isn't going to help the rebuild, it will hurt it.

If we sell and start losing, maybe we luck out with a top 10 pick that makes a difference down the road or can be flipped for a bigger piece to the puzzle.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
You're asking a lot of me. LOL

Just the fact we were further back than 10 pts from the 8th spot two weeks ago,... and now only 10 pts from the top spot, shows how far we have come.

True, But we also had more games infront of us to make up the gap (30+ instead of say, 21.)

Its like I said if they are even able to get into the 8th spot, they're going to have to earn it.

Reactions: ohbaby

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
we need to sell !! This team needs one more year of acquiring assets. A pipe-dream of a playoff push isn't going to help the rebuild, it will hurt it.

If we sell and start losing, maybe we luck out with a top 10 pick that makes a difference down the road or can be flipped for a bigger piece to the puzzle.
it won’t hurt. We aren’t getting a boatload of assets it appears. Teams have already started dropping out. It will only hurt if we trade young sssetd but we won’t do that

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
it won’t hurt. We aren’t getting a boatload of assets it appears. Teams have already started dropping out. It will only hurt if we trade young sssetd but we won’t do that

fast and kreider have to be traded. I love CK, but he can bring us a lot from somebody. With a wink and a nod trade him, resign him in the off season for a fair deal for both if hes willing, but the assets we get IMO are worth too much not to do it.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
fast and kreider have to be traded. I love CK, but he can bring us a lot from somebody. With a wink and a nod trade him, resign him in the off season for a fair deal for both if hes willing, but the assets we get IMO are worth too much not to do it.
It ain’t happening dude. If we trade him he is most likely gone for good . Also we are t getting a mega return for him. Most likely a late first and a decent prospect. If they can’t reach a new deal with him fine but if they can agree over money this weekend he is staying especially if they win tonight. Playoff Push LGR!!!!

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I love how people think winning hurts rebuilds. Weve missed the playoffs 2 years in a row and it will probably end up being 3 this year. Learning how to win is an essential step in a rebuild. Were already the youngest team in the nhl.

Yeah its about how they're winning.

No one can look at me with a straight face and say that a performance like last night's isn't a massive step for this group. In what was really a "must win" to stay in the hunt, they pretty much dominated from start to finish against a team that is pretty f***ing good and has been playing some good hockey of late.

When was the last time we saw a Ranger team play in a game and come out ready, focused and dominate? 2015?

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Really nothing suggests well get a lot for Kreider.

Zucker, with years, got a late first, a good but not great prospect, and a pretty bad asset in Galchenyuk.

Kase got a late first, a decent prospect, and 75% of Backes’ horrible contract.

Kreider would likely get us a 25-31 overall pick and a low ceiling prospect at best.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Lose as much as you can for years in a row to get the best picks and then win it all within a one year window before all the ELCs and cost controlled contracts expire is a standard HF trope.
You cant trade players to avoid that?

The hawks did a very good job trading good young players for younger good players and kept their cup window open a long time.

Last edited:

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Really nothing suggests well get a lot for Kreider.

Zucker, with years, got a late first, a good but not great prospect, and a pretty bad asset in Galchenyuk.

Kase got a late first, a decent prospect, and 75% of Backes’ horrible contract.

Kreider would likely get us a 25-31 overall pick and a low ceiling prospect at best.

I dont buy this at all.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
True, But we also had more games infront of us to make up the gap (30+ instead of say, 21.)

Its like I said if they are even able to get into the 8th spot, they're going to have to earn it.
For sure we have to earn it. Plus we also need some help. There are too many teams ahead of us.

But I feel good about our chances. For one, the Metro teams been playing most of the year way above what was expected. At the pace most teams in the Metro were playing, you would have needed over 100 pts to make the post season. Seems now they are coming back to reality with the competition getting stiffer this time of year.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
I dont buy this at all.
Honestly I agree with him. The Pick we get is most likely gonna be 25-31 and I very much doubt they are giving up a top prospect for a rental. I think that’s part of the reason some have dropped out and it’s quiet. Plus teams see that CK and Gorton are still discussing a possible deal and maybe sense he is staying. Again I’m not saying it’s gonna happen but I don’t think we are getting this massive return that some think

Reactions: haveandare
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad