GDT: Sharks @ Rangers | 7:00 PM | MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
The playoffs this year doesn’t accomplish much to be brutally honest. I don’t get the huge urge behind making it. If it happens, okay, hope some key players get something out of the experience. But it’s a worse pick and this team has very nearly zero chance of making any real noise in the playoffs.

Reactions: Wity

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
The playoffs this year doesn’t accomplish much to be brutally honest. I don’t get the huge urge behind making it. If it happens, okay, hope some key players get something out of the experience. But it’s a worse pick and this team has very nearly zero chance of making any real noise in the playoffs.

Purely so these kids get a taste of both what it takes to make it into the playoffs, as well as perform once they are in the playoffs. Sure a #1 over-all pick would be lovely, but at this point we have a REALLY solid group that just needs to continue to come together.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Because it’s fun. The youngest team in the league making the playoffs is a big accomplishment.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Tough game tonight. We always have trouble playing against big heavy teams like SJ and LA. But I can't help but look past this game and what this team will look like Monday night. As much as I have a man crush on CK, I don't think it's practical to keep him. Throws our flexibility right out the window. Panarin and Trouba both with long term deals. Add CK to that with a no move clause seems to be very risky. Cause that is what it will take to resign him.

We got by for a month without Zibad. Infact we had a winning record that month. Of course we will miss what CK brings, but he will be missed no more than Zibad was IMO.

With Shesty proving his worth (most likely will play tonight),.... Georgie leaving seems much more palatable.

ADA is not going anywhere. We traded Keane so it's a safe bet ADA will not be moved.

Strome is valued by this organization and is a RFA. Don't see any reason he keeps being mentioned in trade talk. Same can be said for Fast, but is much more expendable if needed to make a deal.

Good article today at Forever Blueshirts.

"Consensus around the team after two wins over Chicago and Carolina is to table all decisions until after tonight’s game against the Sharks"

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Can't say sneaking into the playoffs isn't a big deal. Making it in 10-11 helped those guys the following season, especially the kids.

Getting all these young guys even 5-6 playoff games gives them an idea what to expect and of course you never know what happens when you get in. Carolina, Columbus, Dallas, and Colorado all won series last season as a wild card. Not sure anyone expected them to win, but they did.

Sure, none of them won the cup, but look at Colorado now, Dallas is a contender, and Carolina is in it this year. Columbus lost half their top guys and are right there again. It helps build and breed winning.

Getting in would be a huge accomplishment for these guys and makes it so that going into the summer that they have made strides, but not enough.

Reactions: Kords

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
upload_2020-2-22_15-55-38.png

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

Depends.

If this were like a few previous seasons where the goalie drags them in kicking and screaming, or even last year where they had the most absurd puck luck ever, yeah that would be bad. This team collectively has been playing really good hockey for over 2 months now. There are several teams currently in playoff position who I think we would wax in a 7 game set.

No its not about getting in this year or what they do if they do, but how they got there if they do get in. There has been so much positive growth for this team despite its obvious warts that it would be really tough to be upset if they were to get in, especially with the gauntlet that they'll have to run the rest of the way.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
We’re also so far out of the draft lottery race you might as well hope they make the playoffs anyway

Exactly. Some people are under the assumption we are gonna jump again like last year even if we do end up 12-15 lol. The odds of that happening aren’t good. For me getting these kids into the playoffs is a great accomplishment and great experience

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Right now, we have a chance to make up ground on the teams directly ahead of us. PHI, CBJ, CAR and Isles all play west coast teams the next 4 or 5 games. There are no head to head battles like the night before between PHI and CBJ in which they gained 3 pts by going into OT. So the time is now to gain ground.

The only divisional games on the schedule are mostly between us and PHI twice, and one with the Isles. So if everything goes well within our next 5 games, with getting help from the west coast teams,.. we could actually be in a playoff spot by then. How freaking nuts is that?

Last edited:
Reactions: NYRangers0723
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->