GDT: Sharks @ Rangers | 7:00 PM | MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
DQ is a good coach. Despite what the popular opinion is. He's definitely part of turning this into a winning culture.
I had been hard on DQ this season. My main gripe was all about Howden’s role and playing time, Haley and Smith playing period, and DiGuiseppe not getting a look much sooner. Might have a few more points in the standings right now. But gona have to get over that.

Like these young kids, DQ is learning what the NHL is about and what it takes to build a winning team/culture at this level. But he has always had the demeanor, personality, and ability to do this job and be successful.

Reactions: Richard Banger

Allan92

Jan 2, 2016
Meath
hhhhmmm this is tricky, we never play good defense against the Sharks.....considering we never play good defense anyway, that's a major problem. Still picking us to win here, in a messy win

Reactions: NYRangers0723

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
No EK, Couture, and Hertl. Dillon recently traded. Jones is still worse than a shooter tutor.

Put the foot on the gas and lets go

Reactions: bl02

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
The playoffs this year doesn’t accomplish much to be brutally honest. I don’t get the huge urge behind making it. If it happens, okay, hope some key players get something out of the experience. But it’s a worse pick and this team has very nearly zero chance of making any real noise in the playoffs.

st louis went from worst to first.

cbus swept tampa.

things happen.

one things for sure, when you don't make the playoffs, nothing happens.

with our track record picking in round 1, not worried.

were building something here. the pace has hastened because of bread and mika, adam and tony and shesty has arrived.

no one expected us to be here and no one expected shesterkin being this good this fast. we can make the playoffs this year with this group and then its game on.

the eye test says they are winning games and the metrics show us the numbers are better. I'm not advocating buying players but i am strongly in favor of making this roster stronger and making a go at a playoff spot.

ifs there isn't a deal out there for kreider, then don't make it. make deals for other guys to free up cap, add players and or picks and make the roster no worse or better if possible.

and i think that CAN be done even moving kreider although keeping him and most of the rest of this roster together gives me hope that we can grab a playoff spot. THIS YEAR. there i said it.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
st louis went from worst to first.

cbus swept tampa.

things happen.

one things for sure, when you don't make the playoffs, nothing happens.

with our track record picking in round 1, not worried.

were building something here. the pace has hastened because of bread and mika, adam and tony and shesty has arrived.

no one expected us to be here and no one expected shesterkin being this good this fast. we can make the playoffs this year with this group and then its game on.

the eye test says they are winning games and the metrics show us the numbers are better. I'm not advocating buying players but i am strongly in favor of making this roster stronger and making a go at a playoff spot.

ifs there isn't a deal out there for kreider, then don't make it. make deals for other guys to free up cap, add players and or picks and make the roster no worse or better if possible.

and i think that CAN be done even moving kreider although keeping him and most of the rest of this roster together gives me hope that we can grab a playoff spot. THIS YEAR. there i said it.
Georgiev for Labanc.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

This is the part of DQ that I love. Very Herb Brooks esque.

I liked this from Carp's article on the Athletic:

In the morning, Quinn was asked if he, as a coach, couldn’t wait until Tuesday, when the deadline will have passed.
Quinn quipped, “No, I just want it to be Friday night around 9:30, having a beer and enjoying a win.”
Following his postgame news conference, Quinn was asked about that. “I’ve already had my beer,” he said, “I might have another one.”

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
This isn’t going to be a cakewalk

Despite San Jose’s record, they play very well. They just don’t get goaltending

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Jumbo Joe centering the top line tonight with Labanc on his wing. Both are on the PP1 as well. Showcasing!

Last edited:

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Maloney; "Hey Dr. Staal, whats the temperature of the team?

Dr. Staal; It's about 180°, we've turned our season upside down, and we're running pretty hot.

Maloney; Okay thanks, Dr. Assistant Captain of the obvious.

Reactions: RGY

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Damn Igor starting against SJS... they're really going full force for the Playoffs..

take no chances. Have Georgie start Friday @ MTL ( sure as f*** know HL is not starting @ MTL ) and Shesty starts the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->