Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info & Discussion Thread XX

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
Hooray to Luca, but reading the other names on that list is a real damper
1710828985384.png

It looks a lot better when you sort by PPG.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I believe Igor Eronko was former KHL English language media.

Call me a conspiracy theorist but could it be he was the guy badmouthing Grier/the organization to Seravalli?

It seems a bit odd for Grier to bash him this publicly if it really was just about poor performance.

I think the reason is Sharks are really up for drafting a Russian (Silayev or Demidov), and Grier wanted to get as much information about the players as possible, but Eronko failed his duties so GMMG got really pissed at him.

Last edited:

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
View attachment 838103

It looks a lot better when you sort by PPG.
Cagnoni is having a really similar D+1 to Zellweger which is awesome. If only Cagnoni had the Hockey Canada love that Olen did he could've been drafted higher and/or gotten a better look at Team Canada for the WJC.

The size will always be against him, but he's in the same realm offensively as guys like Korchinski and Mateychuk that were top-12 picks...not bad for a 4th rounder.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I think the reason is Sharks are really up for drafting a Russian (Silayev or Demidov), and Grier wanted to get as much information about the players as possible, but Eronko failed his duties so GMMG got really pissed at him.
This is what I was thinking. I think it was @Desert Eagle that was saying Eronko wasn’t a fan of Silayev (might be misremembering though) so maybe something around that?

Reactions: Sandisfan

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Cagnoni is having a really similar D+1 to Zellweger which is awesome. If only Cagnoni had the Hockey Canada love that Olen did he could've been drafted higher and/or gotten a better look at Team Canada for the WJC.

The size will always be against him, but he's in the same realm offensively as guys like Korchinski and Mateychuk that were top-12 picks...not bad for a 4th rounder.

And most projections had him getting picked in the 2nd. He REALLY fell and I'm really thrilled that we grabbed him. I hope like Dan Boyle, he has a chip on his shoulder his whole career about dropping to the 4th round and takes it out on the whole league. I'd love for him to thrive for us, he's such a fun player and we have no defensive prospects with his skill set (maybeee Havelid to a lesser extent?)

Does anyone know what he's likely going to do next year? Is it AHL or another season where he is now?

Reactions: DG93 and Sandisfan

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
And most projections had him getting picked in the 2nd. He REALLY fell and I'm really thrilled that we grabbed him. I hope like Dan Boyle, he has a chip on his shoulder his whole career about dropping to the 4th round and takes it out on the whole league. I'd love for him to thrive for us, he's such a fun player and we have no defensive prospects with his skill set (maybeee Havelid to a lesser extent?)

Does anyone know what he's likely going to do next year? Is it AHL or another season where he is now?
He's not old enough for the AHL, so he'll be back in the WHL 100%.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
As a 2004 birth year isn’t he eligible to play in the AHL next year?
I guess you're right, he's in that weird spot being a December birthday. But since he's still under 20 to start the season, he'll have to go to the WHL.

His December birthday makes him ineligible for the WJC though.

Last edited:

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
As a 2004 birth year isn’t he eligible to play in the AHL next year?
Pretty sure it has more to do with CHL eligibility not really age when it comes to the transfer agreement. As long as the player is a normal CHL playing age and not an overaged player he needs to stay in the CHL or NHL.

Great Makohead Shork

Apr 25, 2022
I don't blame GMMG for being pissed. This is our first top 3 pick since Brad Stuart in the 90s and both Silayev and Demidov are top 3 talents. It's crucial that Grier has Russian scouts he can trust with such a franchise altering decision.

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
Pretty sure it has more to do with CHL eligibility not really age when it comes to the transfer agreement. As long as the player is a normal CHL playing age and not an overaged player he needs to stay in the CHL or NHL.
Yes exactly and CHL eligibility is based on birth year. As a 2004 birth year he would be considered an overage player next season and eligible to play in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad