Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info & Discussion Thread XX

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Think that was Hockey East Player of the Year not Hobey, but the Hobey top 3 will almost certainly be Gauthier, Celebrini, and another player who didn't have as good a year as Mr. July or Perreault.
Yeah just looked again. One thing i am learning because of Smith is that the awards in the NCAA are so weirdly voted on. How a player can be top 3 for player of the year, but an award that is basically the same thing by description and that player is no where to be found in the top 10.

mogambomoroo

Oct 12, 2020
I’d rather listen to Stamkos speak than 99% of hockey media. Guy seems to just get it.
It's so much better to hear it from player that has seen the building part and the winning part. Absolutely 100% trust what Stamkos says here. He is a free agent this summer though, it would funny if he came here to mentor the young guys haha (probably not realistic)

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
It's so much better to hear it from player that has seen the building part and the winning part. Absolutely 100% trust what Stamkos says here. He is a free agent this summer though, it would funny if he came here to mentor the young guys haha (probably not realistic)
I dunno, he's won two cups. Give him enough money, maybe?

Reactions: mogambomoroo

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
So I’ve noticed the last few games that Smith seems to be making a concerted effort to play more physical and battle guys on the boards, but it’s honestly somewhat comical to watch because it’s obvious he’s never done it before in his life. It looks like a kid copying things he’s seen and then checking over his shoulder to see if his dad gives him a thumbs up.

Don’t get me wrong, I love that all his major weaknesses (faceoffs, defensive engagement, physicality) are clearly being actively addressed in the back-half of this season—it shows that he both knows his weaknesses and wants to put in the work to fix them. But it’s also hilarious to watch him tentatively cross-check a guy into the boards. :laugh:

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
So I’ve noticed the last few games that Smith seems to be making a concerted effort to play more physical and battle guys on the boards, but it’s honestly somewhat comical to watch because it’s obvious he’s never done it before in his life. It looks like a kid copying things he’s seen and then checking over his shoulder to see if his dad gives him a thumbs up.

Don’t get me wrong, I love that all his major weaknesses (faceoffs, defensive engagement, physicality) are clearly being actively addressed in the back-half of this season—it shows that he both knows his weaknesses and wants to put in the work to fix them. But it’s also hilarious to watch him tentatively cross-check a guy into the boards. :laugh:
It's kinda funny watching him cross check someone in the back on the boards and he's the one who floats off.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
Obviously not the only poster who watched the BC game so far, but the one who will describe the goals. Not the hero you wanted...

First goal PP: oh man, Perreault got his ass laid OUT on a zone entry. Anyway, good simple walk along the blue line by Smith to find the angle, then a tricky point shot by Smith that falls to Leonard in the slot to clean up the garbage.

Perreault's goal: literal tertiary assist by Smith. Across to Leddy, shot on goal, perreault recovers from the corner, back to Leddy, back on goal and perreault has a nice dirty clean up goal from the rebound at the side of the net. Smith was net front in the dirty area for a rebound as well.

Smith's goal: a couple failed zone entries by Smith, eventually puck gets deep and Leonard lays a hit on the retrieving D to keep the puck loose, Smith lays a pretty good hit behind the net on the second D and Perreault gives chase to the center who's down in the corner to recover. Gets his stick on the board chip, sends a pass high slot to Leonard who 1-T's it toward the goal, and Smith gets his stick on the initial shot, which rolls up onto Hrabal's head, onto his back, and into the goal. Kind of a classic goal for this line although usually it would be Smith getting the secondary and Leonard/Perreault getting the tip or the initial shot.

5-1 after 2 periods.

edit:

Second perreault goal, Smith got a good 2 on 1 shot off on the sequence before, and he got the 2 on 1 by cheating and not really backchecking. Similarly, on the goal, he hadn't really tracked back and UMass had a bad linechange, so Smith was on the far wall and able to enter the zone and deliver a nice pass to a streaking perreault down the center of the ice who finished a backhand deke thru the keeper's wickets. Primary assist.

Second edit: with 5 minutes to go, it's a "3 points" party. 3 points for each of Leonard, Smith, Perreault, and Gauthier. Gauthier really comes across to me as a prick. He'll fit right in on Anaheim.

Last edited:

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California

I mean truly we’re going to be the cutest team in the nhl

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Can someone explain how the ohl works? Lol

Like all I see is Musty getting 6pts, hat tricks, etc. But he is under 2ppg. So like, what is he doing the other games?

Reactions: themelkman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad