Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info & Discussion Thread XX

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
He seems to be very polarizing for a lot of prospect analysts. There's a real love/hate feel for him it seems.
Those rankings almost always feel to me like throwing darts after a certain point. I haven't done any of the legwork to know but I feel like a lot of those yearly rankings don't age very well. I just want the team to make a dramatic shift to their young talent starting next season. I want to get lucky and draft Celebrini and have him start here in October. I want Smith to sign and start here in October as well. I want Musty there too because I don't think there's much for him to gain back at juniors. I want Muk and Thrun in the starting lineup on defense next year at a minimum. Thrun is a little more precarious in terms of his hold on his lineup spot but better him than Vlasic. I'm hoping that Bordeleau rounds out his game more to earn a spot on next year's team and I'd like for Gushchin to get a real opportunity before we inevitably trade him to another team and probably busts there. lol

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Those rankings almost always feel to me like throwing darts after a certain point. I haven't done any of the legwork to know but I feel like a lot of those yearly rankings don't age very well. I just want the team to make a dramatic shift to their young talent starting next season. I want to get lucky and draft Celebrini and have him start here in October. I want Smith to sign and start here in October as well. I want Musty there too because I don't think there's much for him to gain back at juniors. I want Muk and Thrun in the starting lineup on defense next year at a minimum. Thrun is a little more precarious in terms of his hold on his lineup spot but better him than Vlasic. I'm hoping that Bordeleau rounds out his game more to earn a spot on next year's team and I'd like for Gushchin to get a real opportunity before we inevitably trade him to another team and probably busts there. lol

I 100% agree. This is my dream too. Grier and Quinn and even some of the players have mentioned "we'll have some young guys coming in next year" so I'm curious if that's like, Bordeleau, Muhk and Guschin who I think likely graduate, or if they have Musty and Smith in their plans too.

But I very much agree, start the youth movement now.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
What a weird set of results lol. Only BC rookie forward to not be a unanimous vote for the hockey east rookies but only one on to be first team hockey east all star.
That's bizarre. Do different people vote on the rookie team compared to all star team?

Reactions: Sandisfan

Harbessix

Jun 2, 2010
Halifax, NS
Is Cam Lund’s season over or will Northeastern still have a chance to get into the National playoffs? Curious if the Sharks should sign him for the Barracuda or could he use a third year in the NCAA?

• Wow

LilLeeroy

Dec 14, 2013
Is Cam Lund’s season over or will Northeastern still have a chance to get into the National playoffs? Curious if the Sharks should sign him for the Barracuda or could he use a third year in the NCAA?
Yeah Northeastern's season is over.

Real stinker from Smith, Leonard, and Gauthier today. BC's powerplay has been terrible since Perreault got injured, definitely has been a little disappointing.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
Is Lund AHL-ready? He's nearly a ppg; usually a sign that they are ready to move on.
He’s not ready IMO. Not as dominant on a night to night basis as he should be to make the jump to pro. Guys like Bordeleau, and Leonard were far more dominant when they made the jump. Lund has had some very good games but I think he could use another year of development.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
He’s not ready IMO. Not as dominant on a night to night basis as he should be to make the jump to pro. Guys like Bordeleau, and Leonard were far more dominant when they made the jump. Lund has had some very good games but I think he could use another year of development.
Agreed. Lund is not too good for the NCAA.

Reactions: Sharksrule04

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Probably a lot of value in getting his degree imo
Is the implication that he doesn't have an NHL future
Hmm, historically if a college player isn't ready to turn pro by his D+3 year, there is little hope for him.

• Wow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad