Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info & Discussion Thread XX

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Musty with better D+1 points per game in the OHL than Draisaitl had in the W by a fair margin. Drai would have been 9 months older too. I'm sure scoring is higher now compared to 2014-15 but I'd be curious just how much higher because 1.84 ppg (Musty) vs. 1.59 (Draisaitl) is not a small gap.

I think Musty could probably score 30 points or so if we played him in the NHL next season but it's probably best to just give him his 9 game tryout, let him obliterate the OHL and most importantly let the contract slide another year.

Last edited:

wishman

Jan 20, 2007
Musty with better D+1 points per game in the OHL than Draisaitl had in the W by a fair margin. Drai would have been 9 months older too. I'm sure scoring is higher now compared to 2014-15 but I'd be curious just how much higher because 1.84 ppg (Musty) vs. 1.59 (Draisaitl) is not a small gap.

I think Musty could probably score 30 points or so if we played him in the NHL next season but it's probably best to just give him his 9 game tryout, let him obliterate the OHL and most importantly let the contract slide another year.
I agree. Give him 9 gave stint over the first two months of the season, throw in an AHL conditioning stint (which I think is allowed), have him play in World Juniors in 2nd half of December, then back to OHL for the rest of the season. (Basically what Shane Wright did).

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California

What if he comes in and scored 8 pts in 9 games, do you keep him?

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
What a great night for the Sharks prospects and the prospects to be…

Cagnoni with another 2-assist-night (I won’t mention he was a -3 as that doesn’t fit the theme here).

Halttunen with 3A, +2 in a 6-4 win, now up to 32G, 28A in 55 games.

And last but not least, Musty with 2G, 1A, +1 in a 6-4 loss.

He now has 39G, 53A, 92P, good for 6th league wide. He continues to lead the league in PPG (1,84), next up is Easton Cowan (1,77), then it drops to 1,67…

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California

Hopefully Pohlkamp develops into a Braun style stalwart.

Unrelated, I miss Brenden Dillon.

I know we’ll be lucky if even 4 become legit NHL players but we’ve got a lot of prospects who are doing great at their level and it certainly feels hopeful.

Smith, Musty, Cagnoni, Edstrom, Muhk, Guschin, Bordeleau, Halttunen, Havelid, Bystedt (though less this year), Pohlkamp, Lund…

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
I know we’ll be lucky if even 4 become legit NHL players but we’ve got a lot of prospects who are doing great at their level and it certainly feels hopeful.

Smith, Musty, Cagnoni, Edstrom, Muhk, Guschin, Bordeleau, Halttunen, Havelid, Bystedt (though less this year), Pohlkamp, Lund…
And the best part is we're going to be adding FOUR more first round picks to the system over the next 15 months, two of which will almost certainly be top five picks.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California

Rationale in so many words: not doing his job (watching games, submitting reports on prospects).

Grier cracks me up, man. He’s the polar opposite of DW with how he speaks to the press. DW would be like Igor is a great guy and had some other opportunities that he was excited about.

Grier is like, dude sucked. Didn’t work at all. Hopefully we get someone next year who isn’t just doing this so he can tell people he works for an NHL team.

He pulls no punches. I love it.

And the best part is we're going to be adding FOUR more first round picks to the system over the next 15 months, two of which will almost certainly be top five picks.

Yeah, I’m really excited about the next two drafts, we’re going to get some great prospects.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
Yea I haven't been particularly impressed by his play but the narrative kinda took over for him. He does rack up the points though.
Guy is big and has a heavy shot. He pumps enough of them to the net that a lot go in. He's definitely a player but I wouldn't want him in our prospect pool as a first liner. I think he plays pretty stupid hockey.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Yea I haven't been particularly impressed by his play but the narrative kinda took over for him. He does rack up the points though.
He’s big, he’s strong, he’s an above average skater for his size, he’s solid defensively and plays PK, and he’s got a helluva shot. Add in that he’s not a freshman and that combines to create the ultimate Hockey Man.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
I believe Igor Eronko was former KHL English language media.

Call me a conspiracy theorist but could it be he was the guy badmouthing Grier/the organization to Seravalli?

It seems a bit odd for Grier to bash him this publicly if it really was just about poor performance.

Reactions: Sandisfan

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
I believe Igor Eronko was former KHL English language media.

Call me a conspiracy theorist but could it be he was the guy badmouthing Grier/the organization to Seravalli?

It seems a bit odd for Grier to bash him this publicly if it really was just about poor performance.
There is enough smoke that Seravalli is close with Labanc's agent and Gregor's uncle that those are the sources for all the dumb noise from him. Seems more straightforward. This guy must have been doing extremely badly though to burn the bridge so publicly. I'm here for it, it's just surprising in a small community.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad