Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info/Discussion Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumo11

Nov 14, 2019
Thx for reply, I am happy he is doing well but what little I saw of him with the cuda last yr, his foot speed is below nhl level and his size as well. THE SKILLS IS REAL THOUGH

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hello Fellow fans of ocean predators:

I actually cheer for many teams (Canadian franchises mainly), but ultimately I'm simply a fan of Hockey. The Sharks, with all their personalities and character have always been an intriguing team, especially after Burns arrived.

So, the reason for my post. I've been watching Ryan Merkley in the London Knights thread and read something a week or 2 ago that caught my eye regarding a possibility of switching from D to F. Games are difficult to access where I live so I posed the question to their Board and received some responses that I share here with you folks. Thank you all for the content that you provide here.

Cheers

I’ve been following Ryan since the Sharks drafted him and have been hoping he can overcome his controversy laden Junior career.

My question is related to a couple of comments that a few Longer Term Members (Respected) have made in this thread. The comments were in regards to switching Ryan from Defense to Forward (Wing) due to his lack of size and issues in his own end against big wingers.

To the London Knights HF Members: is this something that you consider a possibility and/or maybe has been trialed at times this season?

No. He’s a defence man. Just have to insulate him properly.

Greetings,
I think the Sharks organization want Merkeley to develop as a d-man, and that Hunter will use him in that capacity. Having said that, Hunter could tinker with putting Merkeley up front short term/some shifts, but that's all. Merkeley is a dynamic offensive d-man but needs much work defending. He's high risk, high reward. Hunter thus far has only used him on D.

I suggested it somewhat “tongue in cheek” when I was seeing posts shocked that his Defensive Game was so weak (like hello that was a real shocker?). Also we are only where we are at pretty much because of McMichael so a little extra offence spread out would be nice. Realistically though he will be on the backend and you will have a far more mature Merkley once he finishes up his year in London. There is no BS on a Dale Hunter team. If you want ice time you earn it and you better be on the “team bus” or your backside will be leaving on a bus.

Thank you all for the replies. I do not have the right to speak for the Sharks Board. However, IMHO they have a fair number of knowledgeable Members and their collective opinion mirrors yours and mine (as a simple Hockey Fan). Playing for the Hunter's is going to give Ryan the best chance to get his attitude out of the way of his skill set.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Reactions: slocal

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
November 15thh

Cukste with a goal
Leonard with an assist
Émond saves 35/38
Weatherby with a goal

November 16th

Kniazev with an assist
Hamaliuk with a goal
Cukste with 3 assists
Robinson saves 34/36
Reedy with a goal

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Dahlen 3 assist 1goal, almost i 100 shots in 21 games... second in points in Hockeyallsvenskan.

sorry mayo if if intruding, just got excited. Please redo this in your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad