Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info/Discussion Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
He still had no value and is going to amount to nothing because not only is he intense as a teenager, he’s also a Sharks prospect and that instantly means he’s trash. Now if he was a LEAFS prospect he would be number 1 prospect outside NHL.
You mean in the history of sport.

Reactions: Sandisfan

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Seems like Merkley's been doing well lately. Haven't seen a lot of complaints about him from the London fans and he's improved on his PPG rate thus far, especially after a very short training camp. Going to London may really have been the best case scenario.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
"Santeri Hatakka, D, San Jose
Drafted: No. 184 overall
I didn’t think much of Hatakka when I saw him in his draft season except for his very good skating. I didn’t see much offensive upside at all. He hasn’t scored much in Liiga this season, but when he’s suited up for Finland’s U20 team in two different tournaments, he’s shown intriguing offensive potential that I didn’t see before. He’s been a power play guy for Finland and looks on the radar to make the World Junior team. I think his skill and hockey sense are at best above-average, but with his great mobility that could be enough to have solid two-way value as a pro. Because of his so-so season in club play, I couldn’t see him being picked dramatically higher now, but I could see a round or so higher in a redraft, especially if he makes the World Junior team."

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
He is a big +2 too! That’s good for like 8th best on the team.

Baby steps. Let’s see if he can get to double digits.
From what the folks on the London Knights Board and the teams Local/Regional Coverage, he has been improving with his consistent partner who is experienced and defensive minded to insulate Ryan. The issue earlier in the season was injuries apparently which was really messing up chemistry with the pairings. Apparently that has settled down the last while.

Thank you all for the continued updates on your prospects.

Cheers

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Seems like Merkley's been doing well lately. Haven't seen a lot of complaints about him from the London fans and he's improved on his PPG rate thus far, especially after a very short training camp. Going to London may really have been the best case scenario.
So nice that there is no "noise" around his game or off ice actions. London has such a solid foundation of handling their players like professionals it's almost like an AHL franchise.

Can hardly wait for him to move up to 'Cuda next season & eventually the Sharks. He seems to have taken the next steps between the ears. The potential appears to be there physically, and he's obviously going to have world class mentors.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad