The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Sharks prospect list 2019:

Bunch of scrubs, who needs em
End of list

-HFBoards, probably.

How HFBoards sees our prospect pool (by the board's top 20 rankings)
  1. Malcontent
  2. Ew, a Russian
  3. Ew, a sorta-Russian. Ukranian? That's Russian, right?
  4. Not-Cale-Makar
  5. What's Martin Jones doing here, pretending to be a forward?
  6. Ew, more Russians?
  7. Denmark? Pretty sure they just make pastries, not hockey players.
  8. There's no such thing as a goalie prospect
  9. who?
  10. God, what is it with this list and Russians?
  11. Who??
  12. More Danes? Stop trying to be a hipster prospect pool
  13. Who???
  14. No, really. Who are these people?
  15. Nobody
  16. Bum
  17. Future failure
  18. Current failure
  19. You're just making up names by this point
  20. See? This isn't a real name. It's like one of those fake streets that go in atlases and maps as copyright protection
  21. More Russians? Stop trying to look cool by pretending it's 1997

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA

Apparently, this makes him a clown to at least one guy on the Main Board.

He has the audacity to think he has friends on the team and can wish them well.

I really don't get it. Shunning a 19 year old and treating him like a pariah in this way just seems like an over-reaction to me.

Does he go around kicking puppies? Kittens? Is he starting physical altercations with his teammates? I don't get it.

Also, I wonder what exactly happens with Merkley if no one in Juniors decides to sign him?

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California

If he is indeed blacklisted (speculation on the author of the tweets part), then there needs to be some ramifications to this. An exception should be allowed to go to the AHL. This is a player with a heavy invested interest with a NHL team. This has to breach an agreement between the NHL and CHL.

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
I really don't get it. Shunning a 19 year old and treating him like a pariah in this way just seems like an over-reaction to me.

Does he go around kicking puppies? Kittens? Is he starting physical altercations with his teammates? I don't get it.

Also, I wonder what exactly happens with Merkley if no one in Juniors decides to sign him?
I have tried to avoid speculating on this, but I am a bit curious if any one else has gotten the sense that he might be somewhat autistic.

Difficulty managing anger leading to situations like the slash and alleged team party altercation; and it fits with someone who teammates just don't get along with. It would be the simplest explaination to me how you would have someone who runs a lot of people the wrong way and lacks ability to fit in with just about any team group, and potentially make those around them uncomfortable...

Regardless, I hope it all works out for him...

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA

If he is indeed blacklisted (speculation on the author of the tweets part), then there needs to be some ramifications to this. An exception should be allowed to go to the AHL. This is a player with a heavy invested interest with a NHL team. This has to breach an agreement between the NHL and CHL.

Yeah. That is pretty messed up. I mean seriously, what the hell has been doing that has put him in a position like this.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I have tried to avoid speculating on this, but I am a bit curious if any one else has gotten the sense that he might be somewhat autistic.

Difficulty managing anger leading to situations like the slash and alleged team party altercation; and it fits with someone who teammates just don't get along with. It would be the simplest explaination to me how you would have someone who runs a lot of people the wrong way and lacks ability to fit in with just about any team group, and potentially make those around them uncomfortable...

Regardless, I hope it all works out for him...
I mean, I know I am invested him in because he is a Sharks prospect but I don't know what he could have done to deserve this kind of harsh treatment. He is a 19 year old kid.

I don't even look at the Merkley thread anymore on the main boards because he is being treated as the second coming of the Zodiac killer.

Reactions: themelkman

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
If that is indeed the case, I can see Merkley and the Sharks (keeping him in SJ) and suing to have him released from OHL contract so he can play in AHL.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
This is all just noise. I feel like this guy on twitter is just fanning the flames to make it seem like Merkley might just be Satan himself.

Reactions: themelkman

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
This is all just noise. I feel like this guy on twitter is just fanning the flames to make it seem like Merkley might just be Satan himself.

Yea, it is a really weird narrative coming out of Ontario. It seems as if there is a personal vendetta out for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad