Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info/Discussion Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Just realized Spiridonov may actually be at the more important four nations tourney. The roster hasn’t been named for it but it seems like they tend to send the more important ones there rather than the CHL series

MegalodonOnIce

Dec 23, 2015
Great White North
Emond constantly having to make 40 saves seems ridiculous. That can't be the norm for QMJHL games can it?
As far as I've been watching (and admittedly that's the other side of the country for me) no. Q goalie numbers are often weird, it's a traditionally high scoring league, so some of the best goalies having low .900's or even sub 0.900's isn't too uncommon. Rouyn-Noranda seems to have dropped off a cliff this year though, no where near as dominant as they have been. The fact that Emond has been having these crazy nights constantly to me is a very good sign. Hopefully, at least.

Reactions: Mayo8898

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
As far as I've been watching (and admittedly that's the other side of the country for me) no. Q goalie numbers are often weird, it's a traditionally high scoring league, so some of the best goalies having low .900's or even sub 0.900's isn't too uncommon. Rouyn-Noranda seems to have dropped off a cliff this year though, no where near as dominant as they have been. The fact that Emond has been having these crazy nights constantly to me is a very good sign. Hopefully, at least.
Found this tweet from last week. What the heckers.

MegalodonOnIce

Dec 23, 2015
Great White North
Found this tweet from last week. What the heckers.

To update this, per the QMJHL website, Emond leads the league in: games played, minutes played, shots against, saves, and goals against.
He's the only goalie with: 800+ minutes,
more than 390 shots against (at 564, he's 190 shots against above 2nd place),
more than 350 saves (at 514, he's 173 saves above 2nd place),
50+ goals against (exactly 50, but he's only 7 above 2nd place).
He's also tied for 3rd in wins, two goalies are tied for 1st, and he's tied with 2 others for #3.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
To update this, per the QMJHL website, Emond leads the league in: games played, minutes played, shots against, saves, and goals against.
He's the only goalie with: 800+ minutes,
more than 390 shots against (at 564, he's 190 shots against above 2nd place),
more than 350 saves (at 514, he's 173 saves above 2nd place),
50+ goals against (exactly 50, but he's only 7 above 2nd place).
He's also tied for 3rd in wins, two goalies are tied for 1st, and he's tied with 2 others for #3.
Well, uh, he is certainly getting reps in...

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Capfriendly reports Dillon Hamaliuk has been signed to his ELC at 809,167

Cool. Good for him.

Not really relevant, but I won't be getting another viewing of him for a while. The Rockets aren't coming back to Langley to face the Giants again until after Christmas. I wasn't super impressed on my first viewing, but Kelowna collectively played like ass that game, so it's not entirely on him.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Cool. Good for him.

Not really relevant, but I won't be getting another viewing of him for a while. The Rockets aren't coming back to Langley to face the Giants again until after Christmas. I wasn't super impressed on my first viewing, but Kelowna collectively played like ass that game, so it's not entirely on him.
He’s a Sharks prospect. Everything bad is his fault because he brought the Shark Stink with him. Everything good that happens is in spite of him. Didn’t you learn that lesson with Merkley? The sooner we accept it the better it will be.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
He’s a Sharks prospect. Everything bad is his fault because he brought the Shark Stink with him. Everything good that happens is in spite of him. Didn’t you learn that lesson with Merkley? The sooner we accept it the better it will be.
He must've learned some bad habits during camp from Merkley. Same with all the kids half-assing it with the cuda

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
October 26th

Kotkov with a goal and an assist
Kniazev with 2 assists
Gallant with a goal

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

He really is just unplayable at that level.

The Allsvenskan P/GP record is 1.83 (20+ games), by Pär Arlbrandt, who went on to win SHL scoring title and would have been an NHLer if not 5'6.

He is at 1.71 right now, and 0.71 G/GP.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta

He really is just unplayable at that level.

The Allsvenskan P/GP record is 1.83 (20+ games), by Pär Arlbrandt, who went on to win SHL scoring title and would have been an NHLer if not 5'6.

He is at 1.71 right now, and 0.71 G/GP.

None of us are really shocked. Hes already proven he can produce against lesser players. We are worried about him being able to play in NA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad