Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info/Discussion Thread XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
A little late, as I was busy in the morning watching Sharks-Wings and digesting the Nyqvist deal...

Merkley with an assist in a 4-1 win
Chekhovich pointless in a 4-2 win

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Pronman was asked about Merkley today:

There's been a lot of good stuff he's done with Petes but even though I've been a big fan, he is testing my patience and I'm slowly moving him down my list. I will be around that team for the next few days so I'm hoping to learn more.

also:

Chm and Chek are most legit prospects. Blich is an overage so take it with a grain of salt but I do like the prospect.

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
CHL-Update

Gregor with the lone goal, -1 in a 2-1 SO-win
Chekhovich 1g, 1a, -2 in a 9-4 win
Chmelevski 1g, 2a, +1 in a 5-3 win
Blichfeld 1g, 1a, 13 shots in a 5-2 loss (McGrew also scored)

Last edited:
Reactions: NiWa

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Casey DeSmith just came outta UNH and had pretty much the same SV% as Robinson has right now. Thats good news I hope haha cause Casey DeSmith is for sure better than Jones right now.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Casey DeSmith just came outta UNH and had pretty much the same SV% as Robinson has right now. Thats good news I hope haha cause Casey DeSmith is for sure better than Jones right now.

Feel like that is something of survivorship bias.

In any case, goaltenders often follow a wonky developmental curve. On top of that, team dynamics are so important that a goalie can do better in a higher-tier league with a team he is a better fit for.

Reactions: Friday

Sharksfan83

Jul 27, 2010
I only read the updates here, I wouldn't say Merkley is offensively tearing it up. Liability defensively and not scoring isn't really a great mix..?

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Strange that there hasn't been any news about undrafted prospects the Sharks have signed/are targeting. For the past few years, they've always been active in that market.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Strange that there hasn't been any news about undrafted prospects the Sharks have signed/are targeting. For the past few years, they've always been active in that market.
Maybe it’s cause they’re absolutely full so only looking for the absolute right fit. I mean next year there’s already very little space in the AHL and NHL.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Sharks have three prospects they have to sign or they lose their rights by August 10 I believe. Jake Kupsky, Jake Jackson, Marcus Vela. Do we sign any of them?

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Which of our junior players do we think make the jump to the pro's next season?

Chmelevski
Chekhovich
Blichfield
Kotkov
Ferraro (only D)

Do you guys think all of them make the jump?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I was going to look at things more closely once Im on my computer. it's too awkward to do it from my phone.

As a really quick review a while ago I believe it was figured there are enough spaces if you figure that a couple of cuda guys earn permanent spots with the Sharks next season, but it's tight.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Sharks have three prospects they have to sign or they lose their rights by August 10 I believe. Jake Kupsky, Jake Jackson, Marcus Vela. Do we sign any of them?

August 15.

Also have to make bonafide offer by June 1 to Emond.

Emond seems like a good bet to get bonafide. Not clear on the college graduates if they'll be signed.

As for signing undrafted college graduates.... Frozen Four isn't until mid-April. Can't sign guys until their college career/season is over. Early March is only the start of signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad