Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info/Discussion Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I didn't write anything last night (and by "last night" I mean Saturday night), but Blichfeld had a pretty meh game for Portland vs Vancouver. It was a pretty tight game overall (2-0 Winterhawks win, 1 goal with like 6min left, plus an empty netter) but he didn't make much of an impact. He heeled a one-timer on the PP and couldn't get the shot off cleanly, had a couple of rushes up the ice but was snuffed out by the D (in fairness, the Giants have a really damn good defence after making some in-season tweaks), and took a lazy tripping penalty in the 2nd. He also seemed slower than I remember. He's agile and shifty, but he can't really turn on the jets and get past opponents.

At least it looks like the W-Hawks adding Dennis Cholowski means that he no longer plays point on the PP, which I always thought was a dumb move since he doesn't have a big, traffic-clearing shot. He also got some PK time, which was good to see since Portland is pretty stacked with talent.

(images are thumbnails. Click to embiggen)
20180120_193229.jpg 20180120_182546.jpg 20180120_182648.jpg

Last edited:

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
Blichfeld had a goal
Halbgewachs had a goal and an assist
Chmelevski had 4 assists

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Gambrell scores on a wicked one-timer. Hasn’t been overly good so far but DU in general has been pretty dominated by UND.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Another goal for Gambrell. Definitely some tenacity in his game. Borgstrom is incredible.

Edit: Called off for goaltender interference lol

Edit2: Had a nice primary assist on a goal like thirty seconds later. Gambrell is especially effective on the PP.

Last edited:

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
This Halbgewachs kid the real deal?. Edit: 51 goals in 48 games kinda speaks for itself.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
This Halbgewachs kid the real deal?. Edit: 51 goals in 48 games kinda speaks for itself.
I'd take it with a grain of salt because he's an over-ager, but it's nice to see.

For instance, only 3 of the top 10 goal scorers in the top ten CHL were drafted, with the highest pick being taken in the fifth round. There's a chance he's a late bloomer and will make it to the NHL, but I wouldn't put money on it.

Reactions: Juxtaposer

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I'm hopeful that Gambrell will sign after his season ends and get in some games with the Barracuda. I'd also like to see Blichfeld and Halbgewachs get into some games too.

Reactions: SharkAttack86

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Gambrell is on again tonight on Fox Sports Central and Reedy is on tonight on Fox Sports Pacific, for anyone who gets those channels.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I didn't get to see it last night, but Gregor apparently had a good, solid game with the Royals vs Vancouver. The Giants' radio broadcast was extrenemy complimentary of him and he was involved in quite a few offensive chances as the Royals won 4-3 in overtime.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Blichfeld got a cross checking major yesterday. I'd like to see the replay because he doesn't look strong enough to crosscheck anyone very hard.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Zach DeVine put out his top 20 prospect list for the Sharks:

1) Gambrell
2) Balcers
3) Norris
4) Middleton
5) Wiederer
6) Halbgewachs
7) Blichfeld
8) Bergman
9) Fitzgerald
10) Reedy
11) Chartier
12) Gregor
13) Roy
14) Helewka
15) Ferraro
16) Chmelevski
17) Korenar
18) Sandberg
19) DeSimone
20) Letunov

With the Barracuda already raided, a look down the line at...

Initial thoughts are:
  • Reedy's getting a lot of benefit of the doubt in spite of a poor season relative to some of the lower names on the list.
  • There's a definite Cuda bias over the amateur guys.
  • #MaximumRudyHype
  • Gregor and Ferraro seem the most underrated
  • Wiederer and Middleton seem the most overrated.
  • I'm not entirely sure what the criteria are for ranking (ceiling, floor, closeness to the NHL, etc)

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Gambrell above Balcers is interesting. Ferraro so low is troubling, Middleton and Wiederer at 4 and 5 either makes me believe like you said there's a Cuda bias, or the Sharks really are truly f***ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad