Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info/Discussion Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Blichfeld update:

He's playing tonight for the Winterhawks, at the same time that they're integrating the other WJC returnees (Bellows, Jokiharju) into the lineup. So the net result seems to be that he missed no extra time because of that scary hit to end his WJC. Good for him.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
It's always nice to sign a guy to be your new no.1 prospect.

Gambrell might have something to say about that. He's having a damn fine season right now.

There's also a bit of a dark horse (said through my very obvious and omnipresent bias) in Balcers, who's having a low-key good season for the Cuda and is stride-for-stride with O'Regan in terms of scoring pace.

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
Halbgewachs with a hat trick and 2 assists (looking like a possible Tyler Johnson clone)
McGrew with 2 goals
Blichfeld with 2 assists in his first game back
Ferraro with an assist
Reedy with a goal

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB
What is exciting about Halbgewachs is that his +1 season was also a dominant one. That's a pretty good sign; seems clear that the size issue is what scared away most teams.

It's crazy how much better he is this year over last year, and nobody batted an eye. Moves like this is how DW keeps his job, even if our drafting early on has been subpar recently.

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
Blichfeld with an assist
McGrew with a goal
Halbgewachs with a goal and 2 assists
Chekhovich with 2 goals
Chmelevski with a goal and an assist
Ferraro with 3 assists
Norris with a goal and an assist

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Blichfeld with an assist
McGrew with a goal
Chekhovich with 2 goals
Ferraro with 3 assists
Interesting to note is that Ferraro's 3 assists were all shorthanded.

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!
Blichfeld with an assist
McGrew with a goal
Chekhovich with 2 goals
Ferraro with 3 assists

I'm getting excited about Halbgewachs, maybe with the cuda when his overage jr year is done! Who else from this list can turn pro after their season is up?

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I'm getting excited about Halbgewachs, maybe with the cuda when his overage jr year is done! Who else from this list can turn pro after their season is up?
Blichfeld
Halbgewachs
Noah Gregor (doesn’t have an ELC)
Jake Jackson (doesn’t have an ELC and I doubt he gets one),
Maxim Letunov (no ELC, could return to UCONN for his senior year)
Dylan Gambrell (has an ELC waiting for him.)

There are some other guys but it’s hard to see them getting ELCs for various reasons. Vela, Cukste, Kupsky still have college eligibility. Shoemaker is just bad so I doubt he gets signed.

Norris, Reedy and Ferraro aren’t ready to leave college yet. Chekhovich, Chmelevski and McGrew need more time in juniors.

Also I would expect the Sharks to drag Noah Rod back.

Reactions: The Ice Hockey Dude

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Blichfeld
Halbgewachs
Noah Gregor (doesn’t have an ELC)
Jake Jackson (doesn’t have an ELC and I doubt he gets one),
Maxim Letunov (no ELC, could return to UCONN for his senior year)
Dylan Gambrell (has an ELC waiting for him.)

There are some other guys but it’s hard to see them getting ELCs for various reasons. Vela, Cukste, Kupsky still have college eligibility. Shoemaker is just bad so I doubt he gets signed.

Norris, Reedy and Ferraro aren’t ready to leave college yet. Chekhovich, Chmelevski and McGrew need more time in juniors.

Also I would expect the Sharks to drag Noah Rod back

I don't. He's made it clear that he'd rather go home than work in the AHL and he's not having a good season in NLA (5 points in 15 games, but the season is like 40 games in, so either he's hurt or scratched a lot)

Otherwise I agree. I could see this as a turning point for Letunov though. He could decide that if he's not getting a shot with the Sharks that he'll go back to Russia.

There's also Mike Robinson, who has eligibility still as well (though to be honest he's looking like a bust)

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I don't. He's made it clear that he'd rather go home than work in the AHL and he's not having a good season in NLA (5 points in 15 games, but the season is like 40 games in, so either he's hurt or scratched a lot)

Otherwise I agree. I could see this as a turning point for Letunov though. He could decide that if he's not getting a shot with the Sharks that he'll go back to Russia.

There's also Mike Robinson, who has eligibility still as well (though to be honest he's looking like a bust)
With Rod I just assumed that once his Swiss league ends the sharks will try to get him to come over again. Maybe there’s an NHLer in there, but we haven’t seen any indications yet.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
With Rod I just assumed that once his Swiss league ends the sharks will try to get him to come over again. Maybe there’s an NHLer in there, but we haven’t seen any indications yet.

It's nice if he comes back after the NLA season like last year, but its kind of all for naught if he bails again if the team (deservedly) wants him to start 2018-19 with the Cuda.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
will Jeremy Roy become healthy again? is are concerns growing about a career-ending injury`?

One singular career-ending injury? I doubt that. Not unless he hurts the same knee a couple more times. But to even get to that point he would have to come back strong enough to be able to keep playing, and every time he gets hurt all he's doing is lessening the chance that he'll have much of a future with hockey. Because soon enough repeated knee injuries are going to rob him of his mobility and make him basically unusable at the AHL level, never mind the NHL one.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
I wish I caught the Barracuda more often. How has Balcers looked, if anyone has a chance to watch him?
Haven't had a chance to see him play but his stat line reads 8 goals, 17 assists in 35 games, . First Year as a pro, only 20 years old, still lots of room to grow, I thought he just might be a sniper but he actually seems like more of a playmaker .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad