Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info/Discussion Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
If his European team doesn't go far in playoffs, Rod could come to US and play in the spring.

If Noah Rod shows up in the AHL in the spring and plays the way he did last year, I'd prefer he just stay in Europe.

I'd thought the book on him was he was a physical player with good hands. When he came over at the end of the year he shied away from contact, was invisible on offense, seemed like he was giving zero effort. I get that he seems to think he's too good for the minor leagues, but he seemed pretty determined not to show why he would be.

Reactions: Juxtaposer

SharkieFan

Sep 17, 2008
Balcers is a bright spot on an often very bland Barracuda team. He needs more development but he's stood out in a good way. Makes things happen with his speed and has some good vision.

Agreed. He's pretty good in all 3 zones. Pretty tenacious on the forecheck. He is in the right place more often than not - which has translated to points for him. He's not afraid to go to the hard places (which was always my criticism of Goldobin - he avoided the hard places like the plague). Definitely the bright spot on this team.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Balcers had a good coach in the WHL to learn the defensive side of the game from. Playing for Kamloops meant playing for Don Hay, who does not tolerate defensive slackers or coasters on his teams.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Gregor out taking warmups for the Royals in spite of the fact that I haven' heard anything about him being activated from the injured list. Interesting.

20180119_190208.jpg

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
The more i watch the more I notice that he doesn' seem to be involved in the drills l. He just sort of skates around and puckhandles. Makes me wonder if he' just getting some work in

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
Looks like Norris got a goal and an assist. I guess after his stint with the WJC US team, his offense has gotten a jump start. That's assuring to see

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
I'm curious if he's now getting more ice time or if it's all on him.

Either way I'm still meh about him.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
No points for Gregor tonight, but the Royals win 4-3 in a shootout. Gregor had an OK game, but looked rusty. He has more skating zip than I remember though.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
His production this season so far is uninspiring but if he can go a PPG for the remainder of this season then I'd have some hope.

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
Halbgewachs with 2 goals
Blichfeld with a goal and an assist
Chekhovich with a goal
Vela with an assist
Ferraro with an assist
Norris with a goal and an assist (+3)
Gambrell with 2 assists

The Worst One

Who wants to die?
Oct 5, 2017
What do you guys make of Rudolfs Balcers. What's his upside? Is he an NHL material? If yes will he be a top 6 or bottom line player? At the moment, he's playing quite well as he's San Jose Barracuda top scorer. However, I'd be grateful if someone who watches the games could chime in. Thanks in advance.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
What do you guys make of Rudolfs Balcers. What's his upside? Is he an NHL material? If yes will he be a top 6 or bottom line player? At the moment, he's playing quite well as he's San Jose Barracuda top scorer. However, I'd be grateful if someone who watches the games could chime in. Thanks in advance.
Deja vu

(This question was asked in this thread a couple of days ago)

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
Gregor with an assist
McGrew with a goal
Letunov with a goal
Jackson with an assist
Norris with a goal
Vela with an assist
Gambrell with an assist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad