Rumor: Sharks GM Doug Wilson looking desperately to get a first for rebuild mode

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Better start selling off now Dougie. Hertl might not ever be the same player again. Second knee surgery now and once the second one hits, its usually when players really drop off in play

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Was just gonna say this. The delusional Sharks fans need to stop getting on their knees for these guys and realizing that this team wont be good for a long, long time. At least for the next 4 years until Burns' contract is up.

Hertl wasnt the same player for almost 3 years after his first surgery. This one is much worse than last time. He likely wont be the same player ever again, and currently hes their best player. They're screwed, and that's all because Karlsson.
they say players can get back on the ice and playing just under a year now with modern medical techniques, rehab, etc but most players also said its about 2 years until they feel back to normal from ACL surgery (believe Versteeg was one of them)

the other thing that varies from player to player is their timidness or gun shy play once they've gone through multiple knee blowouts because its always in the back of their mind every time they take the ice once youve spent multiple years rehabbing grueling knee surgeries

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
After that Karlsson debacle of a deal. Giving up Norris balcers Tierney demelo and now a possible lottery pick . Wilson must not be allowed to go forward to make any transactions for this team. If I'm owner he has lost my confidence and should be replaced. Wilson has put the sharks in a big hole.

Reactions: Groo

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
After that Karlsson debacle of a deal. Giving up Norris balcers Tierney demelo and now a possible lottery pick . Wilson must not be allowed to go forward to make any transactions for this team. If I'm owner he has lost my confidence and should be replaced. Wilson has put the sharks in a big hole.

You need to just stop the cringe posts.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
The only way I see sharks to get 1st round pick is if they can get a bad contract. Bruins need to unload backes. How about backes 1st round pick 2nd round pick 2021 3rd round pick 2021 and jakub zboril

For timo meier dillon

Last edited:

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
LaBanc is a young 50 point play making winger with 2nd line potential, making 1M this year and then RFA for another 3. Any contender needing offense at the deadline should be willing to part with their 1st. (Would be lucky to draft a LaBanc at 20-31st overall)
Is even strength metrics are bad

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
If the Sharks want to rebuild, they should trade Couture. I'm sure Columbus would love the opportunity to acquire a C like him. I'm pretty sure his production would increase on a better team.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
If the Sharks want to rebuild, they should trade Couture. I'm sure Columbus would love the opportunity to acquire a C like him. I'm pretty sure his production would increase on a better team.
Has a NTC that only accepts 3 teams hes willing to be traded to.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The only way I see sharks to get 1st round pick is if they can get a bad contract. Bruins need to unload backes. How about backes 1st round pick 2nd round pick 2021 3rd round pick 2021 and jakub zboril

For timo meier dillon

What a horrible trade for San Jose, they arent trading Meier. If they are rebuilding he is the last player that should be traded.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
What a horrible trade for San Jose, they arent trading Meier. If they are rebuilding he is the last player that should be traded.
I feel san Jose and bruins are a match. Bruins badly need to get rid of backes debacle contract and sharks are in desperate need to recoup that first round pick they lost to the sens. Maybe leblanc instead of meier makes this happen?

aircobra

May 4, 2013
I feel san Jose and bruins are a match. Bruins badly need to get rid of backes debacle contract and sharks are in desperate need to recoup that first round pick they lost to the sens. Maybe leblanc instead of meier makes this happen?

They have to take on a terrible contract AND give up assets just to get a first round pick? You are delusional.

Reactions: Patty Ice

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009

do you remember that time Toronto traded Marleau and a first rounder to Carolina in exchange for a 6th round pick? Yeah, replace Marleau with Backes and that’s the deal Boston is going to need to make to rid themselves of that contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad