Sharks fire Peter DeBoer, Bob Boughner named interim head coach

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I disagree. I think that having an ******* coach actually builds a foundation of drive for success for younger players. And not only that, but it gives the lockerroom an air of responsibility. The sharks are playing like its a vacation.

Look at the two rosters. Barely anyone from 03 was still with the Ducks in 07 . He never coached the majority of the guys from the 07 team .

Crediting Babs for the Ducks win 4 years later is just wrong.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
My favourite take is the “Bob Boughner is a proven failure”. His coaching record in two seasons at the Panthers were 96 points and 86 points. Missed playoffs each season. 80 wins in 164 games.

Berube’s record at Philly? 94 points and 84 points. 75 wins in 161 games.

Glad St Louis chose a proven failure to go in last season.

Reactions: SabresSharks

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
Look at the two rosters. Barely anyone from 03 was still with the Ducks in 07 . He never coached the majority of the guys from the 07 team .
It doesn't matter. How my grandfather raised my dad affects me and it affects my kids kids. If you watched the Ducks under Murray you would know what a difference he(Babcock) made.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
It doesn't matter. How my grandfather raised my dad affects me and it affects my kids kids. If you watched the Ducks under Murray you would know what a difference he(Babcock) made.

Carlyle was longer coach with the Ducks before they won than Babcock was even with the Ducks overall. His stint was pretty short in Anaheim before he left . I don't see how he would've made any impact on a mostly veteran roster of players he never coached that won in 07 by coaching a completely different roster 4 years earlier.

Reactions: Sandisfan

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
It's the defensive players on the team that are the big issue. The big guys aren't giving an effort, and quite frankly the powerplay has been really bad, which is more on SS.

I don't think a coach can come in with a new system and make defensive changes necessary to alter how bad things have been, but I think a new coaching staff could easily right the powerplay, and maybe some guys who haven't been lit in a while might get a fire lit under them, and they might do something.

I don’t see how a bunch of millionaires on the beach would be all too fired up about a coach. But they should be better so who knows

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
Carlyle was longer coach with the Ducks before they won than Babcock was even with the Ducks overall. His stint was pretty short in Anaheim before he left . I don't see how he would've made any impact on a mostly veteran roster of players he never coached that won in 07 by coaching a completely different roster 4 years earlier.
I'm not certain but I'm pretty sure he was poached by Detroit. It was pretty clear that the guy knew how to win at that point and I don't think he got fired from the Ducks IIRC.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I'm not certain but I'm pretty sure he was poached by Detroit. It was pretty clear that the guy knew how to win at that point and I don't think he got fired from the Ducks IIRC.

Well yes he was poached by the Wings and he wanted to leave the Ducks. He was a hot coaching prospect at that time.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
You are right and yes it did happen with the wings. but you know what else happened with the wings, multiple championships. and for the ducks it was some good runs. I think his time in Toronto was unfortunate but it doesn't make him any less of a coach. I think San Jose would be a pretty good landing spot for him.

Multiple is now 1?

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
So to sum up - Coach gets fired for a team full of lazy pylons, a goaltending tandem that’s ECHL level talent at best, AND have only a hair under 350k in cap space.

The wrong person was fired.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Bob Boughner must of had one hell of a powerpoint presentation to not get fired with the rest of them.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
What amazed me is that basically his entire staff got canned which doesn’t usually happen when you do this mid season.

but I noticed they had to specify it was for hockey related reasons. Such is the times these days.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
DeBoer will get hired somewhere. He's still capable of winning the cup as a coach I think

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Why hasn't there been any consideration given to firing Doug Wilson? Sure, he has kept San Jose competitive, but he doesn't seem to be willing to take his medicine and be bad for a while to be really good in the future. San Jose isn't going to even sniff the cup with this core.

Karlsson was never going to put this team over the top.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad