Sharks fire Peter DeBoer, Bob Boughner named interim head coach

Ukapitalo

Jul 5, 2009
Santa Cruz, CA
Honest question: Would doug ever get fired, or would he just resign?
I dunno - Hasso is pretty hockey savvy and present for most of the major talks with trades and what not so I guess it's possible. I don't think it's very likely though him and DW seem to have a pretty solid relationship. Probably more likely a few years or more down the road.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I dunno - Hasso is pretty hockey savvy and present for most of the major talks with trades and what not so I guess it's possible. I don't think it's very likely though him and DW seem to have a pretty solid relationship. Probably more likely a few years or more down the road.
Hasso is pretty hands off for most of the hockey stuff otherwise and it's been largely reported that DW is the guy in charge. Doubt he's ousted unless we see years of abject failure.

Ukapitalo

Jul 5, 2009
Santa Cruz, CA
Hasso is pretty hands off for most of the hockey stuff otherwise and it's been largely reported that DW is the guy in charge. Doubt he's ousted unless we see years of abject failure.
Yep. Which is why I said it's not likely for at least years of failure from DW. You can still be hands off and hockey savvy at the same time. I was just pointing out that he was physically present in talks with Tavares, Karrlson, etc.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
OH MAYNE, I has to say Strommer does not look comfortable at all. Faking it. Boughner yellling beside him and strommer just acting the part out.... its a shame. Y'all can really see when a sucka doesn't belong. This a fake move on his part. Will be moved in the future. Mark my words, I know ice hockey hard.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Honest question: Would doug ever get fired, or would he just resign?

I don’t think you ever see him fired outright. From an organizational perspective, you would be stupid to let him simply leave like that. He may not be perfect, but no one is, and he brings with him such an extensive body of hockey knowledge. Simply put, any organization would want him in at least an advisory role.

At some point though, he will be President of Hockey Operations, or some other honorific. Professor Emeritus. He won’t be fired though.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00