Euro: SF: England v Denmark, 7/7/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
On another note, I have my first soccer match since before COVID-19 tonight.

It's all about emerging unscathed.

Okay, so based on what you just witnessed...just take the ball into the box, run near an opposing player and go down. Thank me later when you get a goal or two.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Football should look towards Sweden these days. Love seeing the offside flag go up immediately instead of the bullshit going on in the big leagues
To be totally honest, VAR should be gone for offsides. The linesmen are good enough. It's exactly like in the NHL, one outrageous instance (the Duchene incident) and now we are looking at millimeters. Not the spirit of the game. If it's close, benefit for the attacker.

I would only check potential red cards, and fouls inside the box with VAR if it was up to me. The rest, we can do with the 4 officials on the pitch.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Denmark barely got a kick for the final 50 minutes of the game. The penalty was iffy but we’d have scored with or without it. You were out on your feet for a good ten minutes at the end.
But you didn’t.

And sorry, but even with 10men 2nd OT was not dominant by England.

Denmark were the better side for 50-60
mins.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
This is pure speculation.

Of course, but it’s extremely likely. Denmark were running on empty and it barely came out of Denmark’s half for the entirety of the first half of extra time. A goal was coming.

Schmeichel was so good though. He loves Wembley.

Reactions: Rob

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
To be totally honest, VAR should be gone for offsides. The linesmen are good enough. It's exactly like in the NHL, one outrageous instance (the Duchene incident) and now we are looking at millimeters. Not the spirit of the game. If it's close, benefit for the attacker.

I would only check potential red cards, and fouls inside the box with VAR if it was up to me. The rest, we can do with the 4 officials on the pitch.

Yeah, I hate how it's impelented, specially with offsides. First of all linesmen need to go back to calling offsides like they used to, maybe with the mindset rather to free than to call. And only let VAR take care of the obvious missed offsides. When linesmen lets a play go on even though it is 3 meters offside and offsides are being called based on millimiters something is off

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Well, I've gotten over the Perisic handball in the WC final vs France.

This is now the worst decision I've seen in a late stage of a VAR tournament.

F Sterling, the diving cheat. F the ref. F the VAR. F UEFA for its stupid format, non-player and non-fan friendly. F them for making Denmark play after Eriksen collapsed.

I have a lot of English friends, and I'm genuinely happy for them, they LOVE football.

But not like this. This is BS. And somehow, some way, VAR or no VAR, it's always the darkhorse, the small nation that gets the short end of the stick in these situations.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Denmark barely got a kick for the final 50 minutes of the game. The penalty was iffy but we’d have scored with or without it. You were out on your feet for a good ten minutes at the end.
You've got to wonder how two english fans have come up and said England was bound to score when they effectily didn't score a proper goal in 120 minutes of that game.

Weird.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yeah, I hate how it's impelented, specially with offsides. First of all linesmen need to go back to calling offsides like they used to, maybe with the mindset rather to free than to call. And only let VAR take care of the obvious missed offsides. When linesmen lets a play go on even though it 3 meters offside and offsides are being called based on milimiters something is off

There will be some controversy when a major player is injured after the linesmen allow an obvious offside play to continue.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
But you didn’t.

And sorry, but even with 10men 2nd OT was not dominant by England.

Denmark were the better side for 50-60
mins.

The second half of extra time saw us passing the ball around for at least half of it.

Each to their own opinions of course mate bud I don’t know what game you watched, I saw a game where the possession was 58% England, shots were 20 to 6 England and Denmark scored their only dangerous shot on target. England scored twice, Sterling could have had another three, Kane had a great chance and there was three penalty shouts for England too.

Denmark had a couple of good spells where they got forward dangerously but they created nothing except for a sensational 25 yard free kick. If it weren’t for Schmeichel that game doesn’t get close to extra time.

Reactions: luiginb

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Of course, but it’s extremely likely. Denmark were running on empty and it barely came out of Denmark’s half for the entirety of the first half of extra time. A goal was coming.

Schmeichel was so good though. He loves Wembley.

I like that you made your username the last year England won a trophy

:naughty:

Reactions: Pouchkine

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
You've got to wonder how two english fans have come up and said England was bound to score when they effectily didn't score a proper goal in 120 minutes of that game.

Weird.

Salty. If Denmark didn’t put the first one in then Sterling obviously would have.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
The second half of extra time saw us passing the ball around for at least half of it.

Each to their own opinions of course mate bud I don’t know what game you watched, I saw a game where the possession was 58% England, shots were 20 to 6 England and Denmark scored their only dangerous shot on target. England scored twice, Sterling could have had another three, Kane had a great chance and there was three penalty shouts for England too.

Denmark had a couple of good spells where they got forward dangerously but they created nothing except for a sensational 25 yard free kick. If it weren’t for Schmeichel that game doesn’t get close to extra time.
Denmark had a few good ones on goal.

You scored on an own goal, and an iffy pen.

That’s it.

You also had homefield advantage, rested players.

And a ref who gave you freekicks constantly.

But, you won, so congratz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad