Euro: SF: England v Denmark, 7/7/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Denmark had a few good ones on goal.

You scored on an own goal, and an iffy pen.

That’s it.

You also had homefield advantage, rested players.

And a ref who gave you freekicks constantly.

But, you won, so congratz

Such an odd analysis of the game. Are you Danish? Nothing backs your opinion I’m afraid.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I remember an english guide cracking a great joke on the pupils I was taking on a tour in London.
"English history is extremely simple. It stands in 3 dates. :
1066, you guys kicked our ass and invaded us.
1666, London fire
1966, we won the WC"

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
The second half of extra time saw us passing the ball around for at least half of it.

Each to their own opinions of course mate bud I don’t know what game you watched, I saw a game where the possession was 58% England, shots were 20 to 6 England and Denmark scored their only dangerous shot on target. England scored twice, Sterling could have had another three, Kane had a great chance and there was three penalty shouts for England too.

Denmark had a couple of good spells where they got forward dangerously but they created nothing except for a sensational 25 yard free kick. If it weren’t for Schmeichel that game doesn’t get close to extra time.

Denmark was playing with 10 men all of 2nd half of extra time... And Dolberg forced several saves but whatever

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
England are not a top side. The stars have aligned for them and they're well organized, but top team they are not.

They had more of the play, as you'd expect at Wembley, but it took a dive for them to beat Denmark. The English media were quick enough to point out Italy's antics. Will they call out Sterling for being the diving cheat that he is?

I heard the audio on my drive home, even the announcers were saying they were lucky to get that pen, that they'll gladly take it but how it's a tough break for the Danes.

Denmark needed to score more than one goal today, ultimately. England was absolutely gifted a goal, for reasons unknown, but Denmark's offense fell flat in the end.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It’s a joke pal. Not everything is quite so literal. I like the Danes, they were so good in this tournament. They’re no enemy of mine.

Speak for yourself.

There was some reaving and raiding by the Vikings that I’m still a bit miffed about.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Here is the laser footage from the Finnish media.

Disgusting.
I can only imagine the outcry here if Italy, France or others had all of this (laser, game winning dive, Kane diving all the time).
I remember at least 30 posts yesterday about italians being divers. Mbappe got insulted multiple times for diving after some REAL contact on that ridiculous penalty against Portugal.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Denmark was playing with 10 men all of 2nd half of extra time... And Dolberg forced several saves but whatever

One shot that was going wide and he was offside, one daisy cutter into Pickford’s arms and… what else? Denmark can be proud but I don’t think there’s any justification for saying they were as good.

In the cold light of day tomorrow, please rewatch the game and come back to me.

Reactions: Rob

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
I remember an english guide cracking a great joke on the pupils I was taking on a tour in London.
"English history is extremely simple. It stands in 3 dates. :
1066, you guys kicked our ass and invaded us.
1666, London fire
1966, we won the WC"
That's incorrect...

1966: Beatles last tour

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
One shot that was going wide and he was offside, one daisy cutter into Pickford’s arms and… what else? Denmark can be proud but I don’t think there’s any justification for saying they were as good.

In the cold light of day tomorrow, please rewatch the game and come back to me.

Not saying Denmark played better throughout the game. I actually think England was the better team. You stated they had one chance and scored which is factually incorrect. In fact, it would be more correct to say England only won because of poor reffing...

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Not saying Denmark played better throughout the game. I actually think England was the better team. You stated they had one chance and scored which is factually incorrect. In fact, it would be more correct to say England only won because of poor reffing...

Poor reffing. Let’s analyse that.

It is a soft penalty but there was contact, that’s been given many times this tournament. Pretty soft free kick for Denmark’s goal after all too though, nobody seems to be mentioning that. I’d love to see Kane’s penalty shout again, one angle looked like he won the ball, one looked like he didn’t. Poulsen somehow got away with four clear and cynical fouls without a booking, let alone a red.

It wasn’t a great reffing performance, but to suggest it benefited England alone is madness.

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
Poor reffing. Let’s analyse that.

It is a soft penalty but there was contact, that’s been given many times this tournament. Pretty soft free kick for Denmark’s goal after all too though, nobody seems to be mentioning that. I’d love to see Kane’s penalty shout again, one angle looked like he won the ball, one looked like he didn’t. Poulsen somehow got away with four clear and cynical fouls without a booking, let alone a red.

It wasn’t a great reffing performance, but to suggest it benefited England alone is madness.

We will have to disagree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad