Euro: SF: England v Denmark, 7/7/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Agree.

Even if I wanted Danmark to go through regardless (I guess Norwegians tend to support the Danes more more they support us :laugh:).

I'd like to think the Danes would Support Norway or Sweden if they were in Denmarks position. I personally pretty much always support Denmark/Norway/Finland when they are not playing Sweden. Only exception is Norway and skiing, it's impossible :laugh:

Reactions: Havre

serp

Jan 17, 2016
England was the better team but that penalty was a dive. Yellow card Sterling and free kick Denmark in my opinion.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Soft peno, but it cant be denied that England were the better team.

And if some idiot was directing a laser pointer at Schmeichel, they have CCTV covering the entire crowd, he'll be found and given a lifetime ban from attending matches.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The fact is when it comes to penalty checks the ref should have to watch it himself. I don't care how much longer it makes the game take. You can't have a game decided like that where the referee doesn't even watch the play again.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Soft penalty, but there was a more obvious one missed during normal time. Also not as soft as the one Belgium got previously so the standard was set earlier in the tournament.

Free kick Denmark scored from was also soft.

The first one on Kane was not a penalty and Belgium's penalty was much more clear cut than this one.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
God Denmark had everything work against them this tournament and still made it this close. Everyone writing them off over and over. Lost their top player by a fluke first game and should've been given the choice to postpone the match, had a pretty long travel schedule for their match especially to contest this one today, down a man last few minutes and then one of the softest penalties given this Euro...

But I watched the entire match start the finish and you'd be hard pressed not to say England were the better side with the better chances. Denmark maybe seriously threatened once or twice more after that first goal? Also so outmatched if you count player to player especially with no Eriksen.

Gotta tip your hat, amazing Danish performance, shame they didn't make it to the final. England are legitimately a top side at this Euro and are a deserved finalist.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
That wasn't the play to earn him much clout

Not on its own, but his tournament as a whole should; especially if they win on sunday. I know, I know...the bad misses...blah to that. Anyone else on this english team could've wasted the chances that Sterling squandered just as well as he did...but he's been the one constant in their attacking movements who has repeatedly delivered for them* & that was yet another key contribution he has made to this english run.

*admittedly that's on Southgate's refusal to start Grealish & Sancho, as much as Sterling's talismanic efforts...but I'm not here to crap on Jogi Jr.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Only a German would think this

The replays did make it look a lot softer than I thought it was at first, but I can see how the VAR could have had a tough time over-ruling that without needing to have been bought.

...shame we didn't quite get some "ball don't lie" justice there...

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
You're also an HFboards poster so there's that. We all know what Bob McKenzie thinks of us...

Well for me, I think Wenger is enough to be called an absolute expert on the subject. He says no penalty. That being said I think all our eyes are good enough to judge that play for ourselves. And a lot of people here have watched thousands of games. That shouldn't be a penalty.

Reactions: luiginb and Tmu84

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Soft peno, but it cant be denied that England were the better team.

And if some idiot was directing a laser pointer at Schmeichel, they have CCTV covering the entire crowd, he'll be found and given a lifetime ban from attending matches.
I think what pisses most of, is England were given EVERY chance to be the better team.

From home advantage, buzzing crowd, to almost no travel, and a Denmark team who were still tired from the fight in Baku.

Kane getting a freekick after falling constantly.

For 70 mins, I don’t think England were the better team at all.

and even if England were the better team the rest of the match, an Iffy pen still f***ed us.
Going to PK would have given us a huge chance.

And, too boot, we had to play with 10 men all 2nd ot half because of an injury.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Well for me, I think Wenger is enough to be called an absolute expert on the subject. He says no penalty. That being said I think all our eyes are good enough to judge that play for ourselves. And a lot of people here have watched thousands of games. That shouldn't be a penalty.
And Wenger was probably pulling for England too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad