Euro: SF: England v Denmark, 7/7/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
It's boring as heck, but this is the proper way to kill a game out instead of just going to the corner and falling down when someone bumps into you.

Yeah, even if someone hated everything else what England did, their time wasting was properly done (even though against already exhausted opponent).

Reactions: 1865

v00d00daddy

Oct 9, 2007
Hope you lot enjoyed that. Because I f***ing loved it. :D

Denmark's free kick was as soft as England's penalty. Sterling should have won it in 90 minutes.

Softest thing about that free kick goal was Pickford. He was awful on it. Almost middle of the net shot that totally confused him. He is England’s weakest point. He’s terrible. Can’t distribute the ball. Zero confidence.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
I looked at the FK foul because I couldn't remember it.
It was Shaw holding a Denmark player before the FK and not releasing it when the FK was kicked.
It's rarely called in the box but always called in midfield. Was always going to be a foul.

Yeah, people claiming this is the biggest robbery ever must be annoying for England fans who have waited so long for this but claiming in respone that the free kick was as dodgy as the penalty is absolutely asinine.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Softest thing about that free kick goal was Pickford. He was awful on it. Almost middle of the net shot that totally confused him. He is England’s weakest point. He’s terrible. Can’t distribute the ball. Zero confidence.

Whilst I don’t totally disagree, he’s conceded one goal in six games.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Horrible penalty decision, VAR has been useful this tournament but what's the point if they're not going to overturn clear mistakes? Just plain stupidity.

I think England "deserved" the game on the balance of play - they had basically taken over by the 60th minute and Denmark subbed off their most dangerous players - and you definitely got the feeling they were going to score soon in ET. But what a lame way to win it. Italy-England is my preferred final though as a neutral. If England win and outplay the Italians I'm sure people aren't going to put an asterisk on the tournament win.

Best English players were Sterling, Walker, Kane, Maguire, Shaw. Not really seeing why Mason Mount is untouchable, but it appears the coach doesn't really trust Grealish unless the team needs a goal. Saka was a mixed bag.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I looked at the FK foul because I couldn't remember it.
It was Shaw holding a Denmark player before the FK and not releasing it when the FK was kicked.
It's rarely called in the box but always called in midfield. Was always going to be a foul.

Let’s be honest though, the Danish player went down just about as easily as Sterling did.

Shaw’s hold was in no way shape or form enough to take a grown man to the ground.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Sure, but perhaps he holds it or pushes it wide without the laser. Regardless, disgraceful.

Yeh, it’s a daft thing to do but it’s unlikely to have made that much of a difference. I’d have had no problem with a retake had it gone straight in.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Let’s be honest though, the Danish player went down just about as easily as Sterling did.

Shaw’s hold was in no way shape or form enough to take a grown man to the ground.

Yep. A player fully intending to go down, but that won’t get discussed too much.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
When I was a kid back in the late 80s early 90s and I used to watch soccer in the Portuguese and Italian cafes in the neighborhood, those older Portuguese had an old wives tale about their 1966 World Cup semifinal loss to host England.

After already being livid that the venue was changed at the last minute to accommodate the home side, these guys used to swear up and down that when Charlton scored the opening goal, someone in the stands threw a rock and hit the Portuguese keeper in the head simultaneously.

I’ve laughed at that story for over 30 years, but perhaps the rock of 1966 is the laser pointer of 2021...

Reactions: luiginb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille