eliminated Wales 4-0
- QF
wcz.gif
eliminated Czech Republic 2-1
- Top goalscorer: Kasper Dolberg - 3

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Gonna be a very tough game for Denmark.

England haven’t let a goal in, in 5 games.
They play at home, infront of an exclusive
English crowd, they are less travelled.

And, ofc, are the better team.

Whatever happens, I am proud of Denmark - Just don’t get hammered like Ukraine just did.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
England wins. Čeferin gleefully runs onto the pitch with the trophy before he's reminded that England has one more game to play.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Only danish with british residence will be allowed to the game. Denmark has been awarded with 5.000 tickets which seems odd considering it is an UEFA tournament. There is around 30.000 danish people living in UK.

Reactions: hn777

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I'm definitely no England fan and they've made a name for themselves in the shitting the bed department but this team feels different.

I'd like Denmark to win but I'm picking England 1-0.

The Vikings will Conquer England again! Come on Denmark

Today they played like they have Alfred the Great on their side, and he was bad news for the Vikings.

Vinther

Feb 28, 2016
I could see this as a low scoring match, like the two teams had in nations league last fall. With only one Danish goal on pk. Neither team give up many attempts at this tournament. I hope the fact that Denmark have used players from the bench more could give us a small advantage if we can keep 0-0 long enough

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
I'm not saying the Danes have better attackers than the Germans but let's be honest, their attack is much better organized and more potent. They've generated a lot of chances in every game they've played including against Belgium.

If England want to be pragmatic and invite the Danes to attack then I don't think it will go very well for them. I think the Danish two-man central midfield is capable of being overrun and their fullbacks are more attacking than defensive. I think England need to play like pre-Southgate England at least until they've gotten a goal.

Reactions: bossram

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Denmark is the team of destiny. I think it will come down to how Southgate plays the wings and if he has the ability to adapt on the fly.

Expecting an English victory, but Denmark has more than enough ability to pull the upset and continue the cinderella story.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I honestly think this game is 50/50.
Pretty much, however, I would state that England actually played their best team last time with the most proper formation. If Southgate plays the squad again with the same tactics, I am not sure how Denmark will survive those waves after waves of offensive direct football.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
No result would surprise me, but I do favor England here now that Sancho is EPL-proven & allowed to start :sarcasm:

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Pretty much, however, I would state that England actually played their best team last time with the most proper formation. If Southgate plays the squad again with the same tactics, I am not sure how Denmark will survive those waves after waves of offensive direct football.
Here is an idea. Keep the ball away from English posession.

We could also switch it around though. How will England survive those endless waves of direct offensive football that have been the trademark for this Danish team the entire tournament?

Its not like you did it all tournament. You were able to do it against a weak Ukraine but didnt in the rest of the games. 0-0 against Scotland is not exatcly the offensive football you are talking about. Is that because of the lack of talent on the english team?

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Overload the midfield, play possession, mobile defenders for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille