World Cup: SF: Croatia vs. England, 7/11/2018

Who will play in a World Cup Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I admire Modric very much but I don't think he's the difference in quality between the two sides
this is an incredibly even matchup imo, should be a whale of a match

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
He's been very disappointing in that department, to be sure, but I think his overall play at this WC has been really useful and Southgate would be silly to remove him.
Sterling has played very well overall, but his decisions in the box have been poor.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
England don't have anyone else who can provide what he can. I think given the creativity shortage in the English side, it'd be daft to take out one of the few who is maybe a bit of an X factor.
Oh I definitely wasn't saying he should come out, he shouldn't.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
He's been very disappointing in that department, to be sure, but I think his overall play at this WC has been really useful and Southgate would be silly to remove him.

I agree, it's just kind of dumb to try and disprove ones point about his scoring numbers for England by referencing his scoring numbers for Manchester City.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Jesus, isn't it tiring carrying so much negative energy around with you all the time? 'I ****ing hate the English' is actually quite offensive, I'm surprised you're allowed to come out with lines like that without being warned.

If Ceremony wishes to channel his inner Irvine Welsh, this Englishman can cope with it.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Well, Vrsaljko looks to be out with Corluka being inserted into the starting 11.

There’s also the option of inserting Tin Jedvaj into Vrsaljko’s spot.

I’d prefer Corluka who is a calming presence at the back, has plenty of experience and is good in the air.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Y'all call him an idiot I call him a hero. Wish more would do stuff like this.

Agreed. The political nature of sports and the platform these players have make it a space where things should be brought up, and when they are people should talk about them!

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Croatia might have run out of a bit of steam offensively based on the past two games. Rebic on the other one was doing much of the offensive work and he's not exactly a high class finishing player, plus he's generally inconsistent for Frankfurt (star one game, absent the next). I think England have to start believing they're the better side. Croatia might have the best midfielder in this and maybe the best CB but in terms of the rest of the squad, England looks better and fresher.

Well, Vrsaljko looks to be out with Corluka being inserted into the starting 11.

All the more reason to put Sterling on the left wing to run at him and Vardy in the middle to not f*** up chances.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
This is a new video that came out after the FIFA decision. The first one didn't have the "Belgrade Burn."

Why couldn't just Vida keep his mouth shut? The World Cup was going great until these crap videos showed up.

Where is the video where he makes that comment? I don’t see it or a link to it, I must have missed it.

I also didn’t see it on any of the Croatian media sites that I frequent. I saw the Ukraine one with him and Vukojevic.

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
Nonsense, he hasn’t found the back of the net but his play has been world class. Driving the offence for England

Yep, dangerous, well timed runs creating space for attack, consistently good decisions. Of course, finishing chances has been terrible but he's much, much better than Rashford. Overall, I really like this team: young, talented, quick and disciplined. They haven't been flashy but for example the Sweden game was absolutely clinical - now everyone says that, oh Sweden is so terrible, but you can ask their previous opponent (and Italy), how awfully useless it was against them... I think they have a good chance against Croatia though both Belgium and France have been clearly more impressive in the tournament. In any case, the future looks rather bright for England.

Btw, I think that by far the worst opponent to England's international chances has not been Argentina, Germany or Brasil etc but their own awful gutter media which is absolutely unimaginably ferocious against their own country while at the same time, somehow, being absolutely, unimaginably unrealistic and boastful about their chances. Luckily this team happens to be low-key and modest and not actively feeding the piranjas like Gazza, Beckham, Rooney et al.

Last edited:
Reactions: Denzil

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yep, dangerous, well timed runs creating space for attack, consistently good decisions. Of course, finishing chances has been terrible but he's much, much better than Rashford. Overall, I really like this team: young, talented, quick and disciplined. They haven't been flashy but for example the Sweden game was absolutely clinical - now everyone says that, oh, Sweden is so terrible, but you can ask their previous opponent (and Italy), how awful useless it was against them... I think they have a good chance against Croatia though both Belgium and France have been clearly more impressive in the tournament. In any case, the future looks rather bright for England.

Btw, I think that by far the worst opponent to England's international chances has not been Argentina, Germany or Brasil etc but their own awful gutter media which is absolutely unimaginably ferocious against their own country while at the same time, somehow, being absolutely, unimaginably unrealistic and boastful about their chances. Luckily this team happens to be low-key and modest and not actively feeding the piranjas like Gazza, Beckham, Rooney et al.

Same can be said about any top NT... England worst enemy is their arrogance and stubbornness to get with the times. Still stuck 40 years back attempting to play hoff ball.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad