World Cup: SF: Croatia vs. England, 7/11/2018

Who will play in a World Cup Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
There's a little streak on the line in this one. Since 1982, every single WC finalist either had a Bayern Munich player or an Inter Milan player. Tolisso fills that spot for France and Croatia have two Inter players on their squad.

puckIuck

Jan 11, 2018
Didn't subasic injure his hamstring? not liking Croatia's chances if he plays especially against a well rested team like england

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
200w.webp

Reactions: philip

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
were going to win. book it. by we i mean croatia not many people may know where zagreb is :)

I don't feel comfortable at all.
A lot of these English players are underrated and ridiculed because of internet memes and whatever (Lingard, Maguire, Young...) when they are quite capable players, especially in Southgate's system and the roles he set up for each player.
And again, we don't have a Kane or a Sterling. Our difference makers are in midfield - which won't amount to much if the actual strikers don't finish.

I think the English are riding high on a wave where they think it's finally their time and they have a young team ready to take the next step.
At the same time, we're dealing with significant injuries to important players and some of our players like Vida acting like idiots and creating a side show doesn't help.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Henderson has been the most ridiculed of them all. And also the most consistent performer of them all.

Still, I think Croatia is going to win. It's not England's time yet, but I think it's very likely it will be soon.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Henderson has been the most ridiculed of them all. And also the most consistent performer of them all.

Still, I think Croatia is going to win. It's not England's time yet, but I think it's very likely it will be soon.

You sound like one of those Canucks-fans that like Benning ;)

England went to a world cup with Neville, Cole, Ferdinand, Terry, Campbell, Carragher, Gerrard, Beckham, Lampard, Rooney, Owen, J. Cole, Carrick etc. and got beaten in the QFs.

I don't think England will ever have "a time" like Spain or Germany have had. Certainly don't see them ever having a squad filled with individual talent like they had around 10 years ago more or less ever again. Doesn't mean they can't ever win of course.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
I don't feel comfortable at all.
A lot of these English players are underrated and ridiculed because of internet memes and whatever (Lingard, Maguire, Young...) when they are quite capable players, especially in Southgate's system and the roles he set up for each player.
And again, we don't have a Kane or a Sterling. Our difference makers are in midfield - which won't amount to much if the actual strikers don't finish.

I think the English are riding high on a wave where they think it's finally their time and they have a young team ready to take the next step.
At the same time, we're dealing with significant injuries to important players and some of our players like Vida acting like idiots and creating a side show doesn't help.

I think Modric will easily find gaps between Henderson and Walker/Henderson and Maguire.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Haha.

Yeah. I hate that argument - having only played weak teams. At some point it really isn't that valid any longer.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
The only time I've ever wanted a team to win a game more in my life was when Hibs won the cup. Don't listen to any of the Shrimpers on here giving it "we don't have any expectations". It's nauseating.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
So apparently the "Beograd" Vida is referencing in the video isn't the city of Belgrade, but rather a restaurant called "kafana Beograd" in Kiev that Vida used to frequent that is owned by one of his close friends. So basically what he is yelling is "the club/restaurant is on fire".

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
So apparently the "Beograd" Vida is referencing in the video isn't the city of Belgrade, but rather a restaurant called "kafana Beograd" in Kiev that Vida used to frequent that is owned by one of his close friends. So basically what he is yelling is "the club/restaurant is on fire".
That's nice that he's able to keep track of his friends' problems when he's playing football in another country.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Any solid news with regards to Croatia's injury situation?
Vrsaljko will play most likely, Rebić has some discomfort in his neck, and missed the training because of this, so he is listed as questionable if he can't go Kramarić will take his spot.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Please win Croatia.

Also I was reading that Henderson has the longest unbeaten streak with the NT of any player in England's NT history. Didn't bother to fact check.

Henderson's importance to England is underlined by the fact that the last match he lost while playing for his country was against Uruguay at the 2014 World Cup.
England have since won 23 and drawn seven of the 30 games he has played, which is the longest unbeaten run of any player in the country's history.

Jurgen Klopp glad to see praise for Jordan Henderson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad