World Cup: SF: Croatia vs. England, 7/11/2018

Who will play in a World Cup Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
Same can be said about any top NT... England worst enemy is their arrogance and stubbornness to get with the times. Still stuck 40 years back attempting to play hoff ball.

Have you actually watched their games? It looks like England in the 70's and 80's, like, well, nothing at all. Not even the basic formation is the same not to talk about passing and attacking. And no, there is basically nowhere on this planet as shameless and as influential gutter press as the English tabloids. Sure, some 3rd world countries might compete but wonders if even they have the same protection of law to shed all decency on such a wide variety of targets. One of the few things that are pretty much incomprehensible to an out and out anglophile like me.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Looks like Lovren might be out as well.

I know the english media likes to dump on him as much as they can (especially Neville on ITV), but the guy has been immense for both Liverpool and Croatia ever since VVD came to Liverpool.

Also, Vida is a idiot for his antics post-game on the social media, and with Vrsaljko likely being out as well, I think the Croatian chances dropped a ton in the last two days; key injuries and likely the russian crowd turning on Croatia because of Vida's statements.

Jedvaj-Vida-Corluka-Strinic is not even in the same hemisphere as Vrsaljko-Lovren-Vida-Strinic.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Where is the video where he makes that comment? I don’t see it or a link to it, I must have missed it.

I also didn’t see it on any of the Croatian media sites that I frequent. I saw the Ukraine one with him and Vukojevic.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
He looks pasted beyond belief. Still an idiot though.
Yeah. He was obviously elated after an emotional victory. These videos apparently were made for a private party. But this party decided to make them publicly available.

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland

Is he drunk? Sure looks like it. Apparently that's how you prepare for a World Cup semi-final. Says a lot about the sport. A long distance runner or a cross-country skiier couldn't be getting wasted a few days before a major event.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
The more I think about the situation, the more I reckon England should be favored in this match by quite a bit. The vibe about England says that's a fit, confident team ready to take the next step..the vibe about Croatia says..they're running on fumes. Of course, one can never tell in advance but that's how it feels.

Reactions: Rasmus Reichel

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
England has already won the WC. Just save time and give them the trophy now. ;)

Last edited:

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Is he drunk? Sure looks like it. Apparently that's how you prepare for a World Cup semi-final. Says a lot about the sport. A long distance runner or a cross-country skiier couldn't be getting wasted a few days before a major event.
Maybe just slightly :) I’ve heard that some athletes do drink beer after games. To replenish carbs.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
The thing is, who has England really played so far and won. Picking Croatia.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Looks like Lovren might be out as well.

I know the english media likes to dump on him as much as they can (especially Neville on ITV), but the guy has been immense for both Liverpool and Croatia ever since VVD came to Liverpool.

Also, Vida is a idiot for his antics post-game on the social media, and with Vrsaljko likely being out as well, I think the Croatian chances dropped a ton in the last two days; key injuries and likely the russian crowd turning on Croatia because of Vida's statements.

Jedvaj-Vida-Corluka-Strinic is not even in the same hemisphere as Vrsaljko-Lovren-Vida-Strinic.

There is no way Lovren will miss the game unless his leg is broken.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Come on, England!

Picked a France-England finals in my office pool, I'm already running away with it (most everyone else picked either Germany or Argentina to win), I just want to get the finals right. I'm not usually this prescient. :laugh:

1TuchAnd1NoTuch

Jul 26, 2011
Buffalo
Then why isn't Sterling scoring more, internationally?
He is deployed much differently for club then country. He’s more used to playing on the right wing where he can use his speed wide, and often benefits from driving to the back post for rebounds. For England he’s used more as a spark plug for the offense, using his speed to carry the ball up through the middle and create opportunities. He has just been snake bitten in general for England, but he’s been known to miss glorious chances for City as well

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Vrsaljko did participate in the training session today. Guess he is a game time decision.

Got to think if he’s in the starting 11, he won’t be at 100%.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad