OT: Severe Weather Discussion III

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I f***ing HATE shoveling snow. And f*** you to the plows that boxed my car in!

I shoveled for about 45 minutes and at least got my front door uncovered. Lunch and then back at it.

Oh, and f*** YOU to the plows!

Ha, for me it's exhilarating; I'm like a worker bee Cizikas of shoveling. Finished two hours worth of 21 inches today, with all the elements; beats my usual workouts.

Reactions: crashthenet

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I dont see anything big coming, but a minor storm is possible
Is Jeff Berardelli a good person to follow? He seemed to nail this storm on Twitter and was the first one I saw raise the possibility of another storm for a week later. Now he has backed down from that and he thinks the 2 storms do not merge to form one large storm.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Is Jeff Berardelli a good person to follow? He seemed to nail this storm on Twitter and was the first one I saw raise the possibility of another storm for a week later. Now he has backed down from that and he thinks the 2 storms do not merge to form one large storm.

Im not particularly familiar with him, but it does look like we will get some phasing and we could see some minor accumulations - first blush is 3-6"? best chances for highest totals are EAST END this time. this is SUN/MON timeframe

Reactions: MJF

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Im not particularly familiar with him, but it does look like we will get some phasing and we could see some minor accumulations - first blush is 3-6"? best chances for highest totals are EAST END this time. this is SUN/MON timeframe
Looks more like a late Sat night into Sunday thing to me.

I also think 3-6 is probably a good range. But I’m gonna go 5-10, lesser amounts towards the city, more east end

nyisles

Apr 4, 2006
Western Suffolk
Jeff's a good follow, as is Mike Masco who suggested a Sunday storm before the last one blew out of town.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Looks more like a late Sat night into Sunday thing to me.

I also think 3-6 is probably a good range. But I’m gonna go 5-10, lesser amounts towards the city, more east end
you are probably right, its more like 4am sunday to 8pm sunday with the peak during the midday hours....depends on the exact track, will be a narrow band of 4-8 i'd guess, most likely on south shore and east end.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Barring some crazy band setting up, looks like the under might take it... I said 5 (west) to 10 (east) the other day. Probably gonna be more like the 3-6 Team Kidd suggested

Reactions: TeamKidd

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Public service announcement

For those of you over 50 or younger in some cases, stop shoveling if possible.

Get a snowblower, plow or pay someone to do it if you can afford it.

Bad $h!t happens unexpectedly. It's not exercise despite what it feels like.

Now back to griping about Leo and MDC.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeM and bigtim1988

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Public service announcement

For those of you over 50 or younger, stop shoveling if possible.

Get a snowblower, plow or pay someone to do it if you can afford it.

Bad $h!t happens unexpectedly. It's not exercise despite what it feels like.

Now back to griping about Leo and MDC.
Or, better yet, get Leo or MDC to shovel for you. Kill two birds with one stone

Reactions: The Real JT

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
You wont regret it. I haven't checked the weather in years down here in Florida before work. If it's a little chilly, I grab a jacket and continue about my day. I did have to defrost my windshield for the first time a few days ago though. I felt like I was back up north lol.

I cannot wait. I graduated last year and somehow got a teaching job here so I am going to stay here for another 2-3 years and save up money first.

Reactions: ScaredStreit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad