OT: Severe Weather Discussion III

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
After this storm I think I’m finally going to pull the trigger on a plow. Shoveling this snow sucked.
Yeah this was an ice sandwich...a bitch to shovel. My snotek crunched it up tho. After 2 2 foot snowfalls several years back in a row shoveling and having the plow plow me in repeatedly after I had just dug it out....that was enough for me. Never looked back.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
My guy just buy a coffee maker. You shoveled a whole driveway to come back home.

Haha. I was digging the car out because I intended to go to work. Went to Dunkin and then decided to screw it and stay home. Plus my boss texted me and suggested I work from home just as I received the cold brew. I am not a coffee fanatic or anything.

Reactions: Riseonfire

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
This year he is undefeated in achieving the goal of TLaw.

giphy.gif

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Looks like another storm heading our way for Monday/Tuesday. As usual this year, complex and uncertain, but potential exists for warning criteria snows (6+ inches) monday into tuesday. Could be a long duration event. Max potential is excess of a foot. Have to see what evolves with this complex scenario. Should be at least some snow (4 inches?), stay tuned....

ref1km_ptype.us_ne.png

Reactions: MJF

Nosebleed40

May 2, 2013
Looks like another storm heading our way for Monday/Tuesday. As usual this year, complex and uncertain, but potential exists for warning criteria snows (6+ inches) monday into tuesday. Could be a long duration event. Max potential is excess of a foot. Have to see what evolves with this complex scenario. Should be at least some snow (4 inches?), stay tuned....

ref1km_ptype.us_ne.png

ref1km_ptype.us_ne.png
4 inches is fine!

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Media is GROSSLY underplaying this storm for the LI area. There is definitely some high potential for a foot of snow for almost all of LI, NYC and the surrounding areas. Should have a much better grasp tonight but I think your going to start seeing local new agencies getting serious by tonight. Make sure you have a shovel!

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Media is GROSSLY underplaying this storm for the LI area. There is definitely some high potential for a foot of snow for almost all of LI, NYC and the surrounding areas. Should have a much better grasp tonight but I think your going to start seeing local new agencies getting serious by tonight. Make sure you have a shovel!

I preferred the earlier reports of 4 inches. I've already resigned myself to having to deal with a foot. Shit!

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
I think this storm will be very similar to the one from earlier this winter...4 on the east end, more than a foot north and west. Official forecast is for 7 to 14 for most of us... long duration event... heaviest Monday afternoon... commute will be rough Monday evening...

And yes the main outlets are underplaying it for sure... due to uncertainty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad