Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Anywhere from rain to 16"

Bring it.
images (2).jpeg

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Looks like a fun one tonight for those of us who like snow. Should come down hard and heavy tonight into Monday

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
this thing could last through tuesday, it will be a long duration event in addition to heavy snow. I would advise against traveling tomorrow.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
This storm seems like it's going to be worse than the one in December. That one caused a minimal amount of havoc where it really gummed up the works for one day. This one is going to cause longer term damage. f***.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

NYIsles84

Dec 26, 2006
New York
So I have a question for the weather guys here. Why does it always seem like Long Island is the rain/snow line for these storms? Is it something geographical that causes the storms line to form here? Or just weird coincidence on these storms.

Personally I’m a snow lover in North Merrick and just moved here from more north on the island last year and it’s frustrating when I want a big storm and it always seems like it’s iffy down here. Just curious as to the why.

Reactions: bigtim1988

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
So I have a question for the weather guys here. Why does it always seem like Long Island is the rain/snow line for these storms? Is it something geographical that causes the storms line to form here? Or just weird coincidence on these storms.

Personally I’m a snow lover in North Merrick and just moved here from more north on the island last year and it’s frustrating when I want a big storm and it always seems like it’s iffy down here. Just curious as to the why.

The Atlantic + winds coming off the water will raise temps just enough to get mixing. Course -- we have many times had all snow-- and that same large body of water has no impact and frankly can increase snow totals.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
This storm f***ing blows. This one is way worse than the previous one. That one was mostly overnight and things were pretty back to normal the next day. This one is going to f*** up the whole week.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
This storm f***ing blows. This one is way worse than the previous one. That one was mostly overnight and things were pretty back to normal the next day. This one is going to f*** up the whole week.

I felt like I was shoveling ice last time though. This time it is fairly light. Would like another snow day for tomorrow though......

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
The Sabres changed their travel plans and are now going to fly to Long Island tomorrow morning. Provided the storm lets up enough.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A

you need an attitude adjustment.

You can't control it -- might as well party your way through it....

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
Seeing videos from friends and family that are still on the island make me miss the snow...but man I don't miss the shoveling!

Stay safe everyone, this looks like a pretty good one.

bstash19

Apr 8, 2012
long island

Not a weatherman, but Being surrounded by water keeps the air temperature Warmer than locations further inland. That’s why areas like Montauk usually get more rain from storms like this, the island is very narrow at that point.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I f***ing HATE shoveling snow. And f*** you to the plows that boxed my car in!

I shoveled for about 45 minutes and at least got my front door uncovered. Lunch and then back at it.

Oh, and f*** YOU to the plows!

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
I f***ing HATE shoveling snow. And f*** you to the plows that boxed my car in!

I shoveled for about 45 minutes and at least got my front door uncovered. Lunch and then back at it.

Oh, and f*** YOU to the plows!
I grew up on N Jerusalem Rd....plows are the devil

Reactions: PWJunior

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad