OT: Severe Weather Discussion III

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Just stopped snowing in northeast Queens. Seems to be around 5 inches of powder. Skiers delight.

All in all, it wasn't too bad here in Corona where my office is. The snow has tapered off at this point. Hopefully by the time I get home to Great Neck, things won't be too bad there either.

Reactions: MJF

The Real JT

The slate is clean. LGI
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
will you show us a picture of your Hummer?
tumblr_m0p2xzyrL81rntezlo1_400.gif

Reactions: TMI

LetsGoIslanders

Mar 6, 2005
NYC
I'm living in Kansas City. Three inches is like nine inches in New York.

It's enraging. The city has no concept that it should be able to clear 3 inches in a few hours. It takes a day and a half and it's completely half-assed. If you don't have a FWD car or 4x4, you're officially f***ed.

Reactions: bigtim1988

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Ive used electric blowers and electric power washers and they’re trash. Personally, I wouldn’t buy electric outdoor tools, I feel like they’re for people that aren’t the least bit handy.

maybe in the future they’ll be better but from what Ive used, I’m not impressed.

I've used electric/chargeable tools and gas.

Unless you are a landscaper and need the power and durability of a gas machine -- or have acres and acres of ish to manage, you are fine with electric.

Most of my rationale is that I HATE two cycle gas engines. They suck and are a PITA. A four cycle gas engine is far superior, but again -- you probably don't need all that power (and cost).

Two stage gas snowblowers are the way to go if you have the space to store them. I have a single stage gas snowblower and its fine as long as I'm not in a rush.

Power washers are kinda the same -- electric is fine if you aren't in a rush or aren't very dirty. :) that being said, I bought a 3100psi gas power washer and its my favorite manly tool in the garage (besides myself of course)

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Keep an eye on Tropical Storm Henri as it'll make a close shave to the US coast late this weekend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad