Proposal: Seth Jones for M. Marner

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
There are probably a couple of players in the league, Columbus would trade Jones for, and Marner isn't one of them.
buddy have you seen how good mitch marner is, where have you been, marner is the spark plug for the leafs, I think you should check more video of him, and yes I know jones is good but not like you say top 3 defender in the league, he was traded for ryan Johansson, mitch marner is twice the player, the only reason I mentioned this is cause leafs are in dire need of dman period and the only way you can get value is to trade value...

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
Columbus quickly says no, for hockey reasons and financial reasons
well all I can say you guys obviously havn't seen mitch marner play much he would automatic be your star player by miles, but I guess when you don't know what a puck looks like then keep whatching football...………..

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
A star winger can attract casual fans better than a #1D csn though and CBJ could probably use the ticket/jersey sales Marner would bring.
another guy that hasn't seen marner play, dude hes the spark plug of the leafs, plays all situations kills penaltys power play and all, he's a winger that plays like a centre playmaker not goal scorer...

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
A star winger can attract casual fans better than a #1D csn though and CBJ could probably use the ticket/jersey sales Marner would bring.
oh by the way he would sell tickets by himself there, and then again you guys wish that could happen as its only a proposal by me that's it,remember leafs need D really bad, that is whay I proposed it that's it...never going to happen

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
buddy have you seen how good mitch marner is, where have you been, marner is the spark plug for the leafs, I think you should check more video of him, and yes I know jones is good but not like you say top 3 defender in the league, he was traded for ryan Johansson, mitch marner is twice the player, the only reason I mentioned this is cause leafs are in dire need of dman period and the only way you can get value is to trade value...
No one is trading Seth Jones for Marner...get over it. Just a real bad take. Marner > Johansson = Jones. Therefore, Marner > Jones is not how this works. Go nuts watching your winger spin circles. That not how cup teams are built.

Reactions: Viqsi

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
I am kind of surprised that more Leaf fans aren't in favor of this. Jones would go a long way to fixing their D, and to my mind that is the last piece of the puzzle for Toronto to be a real cup contender.

Marner is a gifted winger, one of the best in the game, but the Leafs have a lot of talent up front and could survive a Marner trade. Also, at just under $11 Million AAV, Marner's contract uses up a fair chunk of cap space. Jones at $5.4 Million for this year and two more after.. I think this is kind of a no brainer.

Just my opinion though gang.
very well said from a hockey mind.....

Reactions: TFHockey

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
Well thankfully Leafs aren't trading Pokemon cards and don't care which one is more rare.

You take Marner away from this team and add Jones we are worse. Simple as that.

Marner seems to be underrated here, he's gonna be a 90-100 point player or morw for the next 10+ years, driving play. Keeping the Leafs as one of the top offensive teams in the league. Take that to the bank.
your right dude but remember leafs need D really bad and the only way you can get one is by giving up something good..

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
oh yeah keep whatching your blue jackets beg for fans to come and whatch a boring team with no dynamic players...good luck
Im not a Blue Jackets fan. I just know that any team that has current version of Jones is not trading him for Marner. If you dont get that, you dont get hockey

Reactions: Viqsi and Fro

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
Im not a Blue Jackets fan. I just know that any team that has current version of Jones is not trading him for Marner. If you dont get that, you dont get hockey
that is why its a proposal that's it because leafs are not trading marner period, and neither is Columbus trading jones, but if your a hockey man you should know that the value is very fair for both sides depending who you talk to.....

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
that is why its a proposal that's it because leafs are not trading marner period, and neither is Columbus trading jones, but if your a hockey man you should know that the value is very fair for both sides depending who you talk to.....
no it is not...there are five pages of posts explaining why....you just don't like the answer

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
another one that hasn't whatched much hockey, dude get off that shell and check how good rielly really is....

I've been on gdt when the Leafs play and according to them Reilly's been horrible this year.

And if you're putting Reilly on the same tier as Jones you obviously only watch one team. Check any of the Jones or Reilly threads the last two years, even Leafs fans say there's no comparison.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Marner is no where near worth Jones. Jones is a #1 guy on almost every team. And why would Columbus weaken their defence for this. Makes no sense fot them
Value is about even right now although Jones has peaked marner still hasnt . Toronto says NO

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Not sure if it's a case of Marner being underrated or Jones being overrated, but Jones flat out isn't as good or valuable as Marner. Let alone way more valuable like some people seem to think
Says the fan of the team, on which Marner plays. Thanks for your objective thoughts.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
I don't mind people saying Marner is nowhere near Jones, but I wouldn't trade Mitch.

I think we undervalue players like him around here.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Don’t really get the hype for Jones. He had one pretty decent season but other than that he has mediocre analytics and doesn’t put up all that many points either.

Marner is overrated as well though so I guess it’s the perfect trade.

Lightning fans back out to play again on the mainboards now that they are winning :laugh:

Reactions: Chompchompr

Alexanderthe89

Apr 29, 2011
I don’t watch any games outside of the Leafs. I knew Jones was good but I must be underrating him based on the consensus here. Genuinely curious, where does he rank among defenseman right now?

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I don’t watch any games outside of the Leafs. I knew Jones was good but I must be underrating him based on the consensus here. Genuinely curious, where does he rank among defenseman right now?

He's in my top 5 right now. I think the lowest you could justify putting him is top 10. He is very good at ice hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad