Seriously, who REALLY has a chance against the Pens?

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
This is a fact. Murray is the starter and the better goalie.

Overall yeah but i don't think he'd be doing this against the caps . he did great against them last year but we also had a better defense and controlled play more. Fleury's athleticism is the difference right now

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I doubt it. Neither of those teams are particularly good.

Nashville can beat PIT. I don't think anybody else left after WSH can.

If the Rangers can continue to play the way they have in games 3 and 4 this series, then they can definitely beat Pittsburgh (especially when they aren't at full strength). Rangers have flaws (particularly on the defensive side), but they're a good and playoff battle tested team.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
If the Rangers can continue to play the way they have in games 3 and 4 this series, then they can definitely beat Pittsburgh (especially when they aren't at full strength). Rangers have flaws (particularly on the defensive side), but they're a good and playoff battle tested team.

Lol lundqvist would have ptsd by game 3.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
The Pens look like an AHL team out there

While that is ridiculous, maybe our being outshot and outchanced in several games has to do not just with our absentees, but also with our quality of opposition?
Maybe the Caps are actually, genuinely, really good? Winning the President Trophy two years in a row - easily - might suggest that. Maybe even Columbus, them of the 5th best record in the NHL, maybe they were also better than what many here thought after the first series? Maybe even the Rangers of last season (within 100+ points regular season team) were pretty good, but just happened upon a hot and very good Pens team?

Until someone else beats us.... or Washington, should they prevail.... I'll maintain that Caps is the best team in the league except for the Pens.

I see nothing in the Western Conference that worries me, nor in the Sens-Rangers matchup. I do think the Rangers would have a solid shot at the Cup if they make the final though. About even with Anaheim who - to me - are the best in the West.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
if the entire team was healthy, going 16-0 would not shock anyone imo

Yes it would.

Better teams have lost games in the playoffs. :laugh:

They'd certainly be favorites heading into the playoffs, and probably be the President's trophy winner to boot though.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
Lol, last year =/ this year. This Rangers team is better than the one the Pens faced last season.

If Lundqvist didn't collapse after going down 0-2 in this series (and losing game 2 the way they did), then I believe he'll be just fine for a potential Pens-Rangers ECF.

Did you not watch the games this year?

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Don't forget what division you guys jumped to when describing how well the rangers are playing. You'll have to face the Metro eventually.

Lawd Stanley

Apr 10, 2017
The Great White North
The Capitals REALLY have a chance to beat the Pens THIS series. They need to win 3 in a row after Holtby and some of the players have been slumping. It could end and the Pens could feel their losses at any time. The Caps could easily win 3 straight. Not saying it will happen but it could happen and it wouldn't be that surprising if it does happen.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
No one has a chance.

PS I don't like Pittsburgh either!

3966cfec0399604c64b8845132a9e714.jpg

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012
The Capitals REALLY have a chance to beat the Pens THIS series. They need to win 3 in a row after Holtby and some of the players have been slumping. It could end and the Pens could feel their losses at any time. The Caps could easily win 3 straight. Not saying it will happen but it could happen and it wouldn't be that surprising if it does happen.

It would absolutely be very surprising

McFlash

Apr 8, 2017
If McFlash and friends go through...pens better start praying...the way the Oilers dismantled the Ducks in the second....they looked unstoppable....the only problem with the Oilers is consistency...that's the only way Nashville and any other team beats them...

Too fast too strong too talented

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Seems to me it depends on how the games in the final are called by the officials, lol!! Watching all of the series in both conferences and most of the series, there isn't anyway to predict how the rules of the game will be enforced. Will they be enforced to help the speed of one team or will they be enforced such that they reward physical play?? So far, both East and West conference series games are called differently every game.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
If McFlash and friends go through...pens better start praying...the way the Oilers dismantled the Ducks in the second....they looked unstoppable....the only problem with the Oilers is consistency...that's the only way Nashville and any other team beats them...

Too fast too strong too talented

"Consistency" is a big problem in a 7 game series, you say it as if it's nothing

XanderCrews34

Mar 28, 2014
Everyone has a shot.

If Sid is healthy, Pens are a heavy heavy favorite.

If Letang was back? Even more.

As it stands? It'll be a dogfight no matter who they play from here. Even if a series goes 5 or 6 games, doesn't mean it was a cakewalk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad