Seriously, who REALLY has a chance against the Pens?

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
Yeah...no. Ottawa isn't beating Washington or Pittsburgh.

the bruins and rangers aren't the pens or caps

senators have no chance to beat those two teams or the west champ

Its easy to sit on your pedestal and look down at all the people climbing up beneath you, clawing over each other, and to think to yourself that you are so far above them that they will never be able to take your spot. But you know what isn't easy? Holding that spot when someone who has been through the grind, who had to do all that fighting and clawing, who had to watch their friends suffer through some of the worst things life could throw at them, has climbed up the pile of bodies of the people who were fighting at the bottom of your pedestal has finally gotten into your face and is trying smack you down to the dirt.

GordieHowsUrBreath

Nostalgia... STOP DWELLING ON THE PAST
Jun 16, 2016
Well, Toronto just about took Washington to the limit. In all due respect to the Blue Jackets, they just weren't ready for the Penguins. We're far better than they are. (Looking outside of an 82 game season, of course)

so they're better than a team the pens destroyed in 5 games

that's not convincing me the pens should fear ottawa

GordieHowsUrBreath

Nostalgia... STOP DWELLING ON THE PAST
Jun 16, 2016
Its easy to sit on your pedestal and look down at all the people climbing up beneath you, clawing over each other, and to think to yourself that you are so far above them that they will never be able to take your spot. But you know what isn't easy? Holding that spot when someone who has been through the grind, who had to do all that fighting and clawing, who had to watch their friends suffer through some of the worst things life could throw at them, has climbed up the pile of bodies of the people who were fighting at the bottom of your pedestal has finally gotten into your face and is trying smack you down to the dirt.

easy bro, it's just hockey

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Well Karlsson gives the Sens a chance to win every night, but I don't see them beating Pittsburgh. They'll probably steal a game or two though.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Well Karlsson gives the Sens a chance to win every night, but I don't see them beating Pittsburgh. They'll probably steal a game or two though.

The Pens looked like their tank was on 'E' in games 5 and 6. Not my words, but many posters used that metaphor and it seemed accurate for a team that has been outplayed a lot and lived on their luck. Not trying to do one of those stupid reverse jinx, "we're the underdog" things, but with how far the Sens have gotten and how opportunistic and effecient they've been, I think they have a healthy chance. The Pens blueline has looked a bit of a dumpster fire.

It will be a fun series, no doubt.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
The Pens looked like their tank was on 'E' in games 5 and 6. Not my words, but many posters used that metaphor and it seemed accurate for a team that has been outplayed a lot and lived on their luck. Not trying to do one of those stupid reverse jinx, "we're the underdog" things, but with how far the Sens have gotten and how opportunistic and effecient they've been, I think they have a healthy chance. The Pens blueline has looked a bit of a dumpster fire.

It will be a fun series, no doubt.

Pittsburgh and Ottawa are a lot alike this playoffs, in which they both get outplayed at times, but they still find ways to win games. I think the series will be closer than most people are saying, but ultimately Pittsburgh is just too deep for Ottawa to handle.

Bengui

Jul 24, 2009

We'll let you know when the battle for humankind starts.

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
Nashville and only Nashville has a chance, at this point in time. And judging by what they've done in the West it's probably quite a good chance.

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
Pittsburgh and Ottawa are a lot alike this playoffs, in which they both get outplayed at times, but they still find ways to win games. I think the series will be closer than most people are saying, but ultimately Pittsburgh is just too deep for Ottawa to handle.

If Washington, as bad as they are, managed to take Pittsburgh to 7, I have to assume that Pittsburgh will beat Ottawa in 5 or 6.

KingBilly

Oct 18, 2008
The Penguins are a strange team, with their injuries and everything else. They definitely have the most talent in the league on paper. Still, even without Letang. And they seem to get it done. But at the same time, they don't look like the most disciplined bunch. They sometimes look sloppy. They look like they can be thrown off their game. Sometimes they look out of gas.

Someone can beat them, if not a team left in these playoffs. They don't look as intense and disciplined as previous Stanley Cup favorites. But definitely not the Senators. And probably not the Ducks either.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
This is the cockiest, douchiest thread ever. I hope this curses the pens.

Pens fans by and large are saying that this years version isn't as good as last years team. Other fanbases have their opinions. And lol at curses. We live in a time of science.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad