Seriously, who REALLY has a chance against the Pens?

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
Like you can still cheer on your team, but man who matches up to those forwards and that offense? I can see the pens taking down any of remaining teams in 4 or 5.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
If the 1993 team could be stopped..... anything can happen.

An actual decent goaltender performance would be a start. Bobrovsky and Holtby pooped the bed so far.

Ottawa underrated and had health issues all season with their roster. Now that they seem to have everyone back they have a shot to at least give the Penguins more of a challenge. When you have a defenseman that controls the game i would not count them out.

Tom Collins

Aug 26, 2013
Like you can still cheer on your team, but man who matches up to those forwards and that offense? I can see the pens taking down any of remaining teams in 4 or 5.

Lol, yeah, they're pretty good, but you don't get your name on the cup until you have 16 wins. Crazy **** happens in the playoffs, I'm not banking on anything.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Oilers. That's it. They are the only team who has the speed and firepower to skate with the Pens.

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
So ****ing tired of hearing about who can beat them and how they're unstoppable, whether it's true or not. I think they're the heavy cup favourite but can we shut up and let them play hockey?

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Teams that can forecheck that weak defense and punish them... basically any team that doesn't play like the Harlem Globetrotters (Washington Capitals).

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Probably the Oilers

Caps are a much better team that the Sens and the Pens are making short work of them

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Nashville has the D to keep pace with their forwards.

Their depth is pretty even as well.

Top end skill obviously favors PIT, but it's not like the Forsberg line has been any slouch.

Difference will come down to goaltending.

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
Anaheim, they have no weaknesses somewhat like Washington only the Ducks forwards do well in playoff hockey and their defense is much better.

KingBilly

Oct 18, 2008
It's a weird year. As a Sens fan I'd almost be rooting for a graceful exit in either the 2nd round or conference finals. But the West looks beatable to me. I mean, not that they'd be favorites but it wouldn't be like playing Chicago in their prime. There's a chance. Against unproven teams like Edmonton, Nashville, or St. Louis. As an underdog.

Meanwhile the Penguins will be lurking there in the conference finals like trolls under the bridge and they're gonna club you to death even if you make it that far. No one in the East is beating the Penguins, I don't think.

Maybe Edmonton with some offensive magic, in the finals, and Talbot, but I have my doubts.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
My guess is Pens make the SCF but get their behinds handed to them by the Preds. Preds D is really mobile; and they also have a high octane offense.

Given that MAF has been playing really well in the playoffs; i would also give edge in goalie to the preds. Rinne was dynamite against the hawks

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
Fleury gets injured or plays like a chimp and it's a whole new series.

That's the thing about playoff hockey - one bad goalie on one end and one good goalie on the other can change the dynamic entirely.

Pitt looks great, but anything can happen.

Arturs Irbe

Not The Real Arturs
Jan 22, 2017
Oilers. That's it. They are the only team who has the speed and firepower to skate with the Pens.

Oilers are slow. Lucic, Eberle, RNH, Maroon, Benning, Russell, Larsson.
All are below average. They would get torched. Out skated by a Fossil Shark team and a young Ducks team. Brutal.

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
When was the last time Crosby and Malkin were both at the top of their game at the same time in the playoffs? I'd be really surprised to see them lose this year.

Jul 6, 2016
Ottawa will beat them (by surprise) and face Edmonton in the Finals.

Finally the SC back to Canada, and Bettman crying in his cognac.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
They're getting absolutely curbed stomped in shots on goal.

That bubble is going to burst eventually.

The Pens are not winning the Cup unless we see a dramatic turnaround in play.

Tom Collins

Aug 26, 2013
Oilers are slow. Lucic, Eberle, RNH, Maroon, Benning, Russell, Larsson.
All are below average. They would get torched. Out skated by a Fossil Shark team and a young Ducks team. Brutal.

:laugh:

I guess we'll see what happens if they get there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad