Seriously no Playoffs thread? Playoff thread.

TARS

May 3, 2009
Vancouver
CBJ actually has good depth. They are not at all an example of what could happen if the Canucks squeaked into the playoffs.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
5 minutes after your post:

bce905fca1368951f05f406a2ba7b4b8.png
6JW8OXm.gif

I think it's pretty well established by now that Reddit's a hive of morons and astroturfers.

Reactions: AwesomeInTheory

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Just pointing out how funny it was that someone came out with the literal exact stupid narrative @geebaan was predicting would come up, and within four or five minutes. It is known that they're not a bastion of high-level discourse. Have you seen pictures of their meetups? All of their regulars look like they were born after 1997

Last edited:
Reactions: bh53 and Josepho

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
The Jackets made two high-impact acquisitions at the deadline. Not unlike how Kings added Richards at the beginning of the season then Carter at the deadline, and simply played better than the Canucks and pretty much every opponents they faced onwards. The Jackets aren't a team that gave every drop just to sneak over the edge riding a crazy goalie or abnormal scoring; they're making the Bolts look like shit while doing it.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Tortarella is an excellent coach. Wish it could’ve worked with him here and he was in a better headspace when we hired him. Columbus is not in a position to sweep the Presidents trophy winner without Tortarella’s leadership.

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Just pointing out how funny it was that someone came out with the literal exact stupid narrative @geebaan was predicting would come up, and within four or five minutes. It is known that they're not a bastion of high-level discourse. Have you seen pictures of their meetups? All of their regulars look like they were born after 1997

Brb, checking for accuracy.

*EDIT* I checked, you weren't kidding. I think it actually makes me sympathize with them more, they haven't followed the team long enough yet to become jaded and bitter. They've only been alive when the Canucks were good-decent. Give it time. :D

Last edited:

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I prefer that our meetups stay free of the Debbie downers from here that just bash management all the time.

meeting people on the internet is f***ing awkward anyways so i try to avoid it in most case

having awful flashbacks to my weird handshake at the philadelphia airport as i type this

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
CBJ barely made the playoffs with everything we have plus an extra 40-goal scorer and an extra 20-goal scorer. And two elite U-25 defensemen. Totally comparable

Regulation

CBJ: 38 - 31 - 13

Van: 22 - 36 - 24

not a split match between them

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
did people call you ronningmorrisonbooth everytime they talked to you or did you have a code name

that part makes it awkward right away. i can't imagine saying zombotron or prostheticconscience 40 times a night

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012

I actually couldn’t believe it haha

passive voice

Jun 16, 2009
I'll regret saying this when the Sharks win the cup next year (or this) but damned if it didn't feel like their window shut tonight. Outclassed in a way I was not expecting.

Nov 1, 2011
I think a lot of teams will be kicking themselves a lot harder for not doing everything they can to get Mark Stone. What a stud.

Yep, he would have been the perfect addition for us. Unfortunately, there was no way we could possibly get him.

Reactions: clunk

passive voice

Jun 16, 2009
I think a lot of teams will be kicking themselves a lot harder for not doing everything they can to get Mark Stone. What a stud.

I think the one that gets me is Winnipeg. As talented as anyone on paper, had disappointed tremendously but were in the mix (on top?) in the division, lacked a real possession/two-way monster...and he’s from there!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad