Seriously no Playoffs thread? Playoff thread.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Just caught some highlights - the atmosphere at Nassau is f***ing insane, wow. I've been following hockey at a reasonably serious level for almost 12 years now and I've never seen the NYI home crowd so fired up. Like it just doesn't compute for me.

Phenomenon13

Oct 10, 2011
Just shows there is some insane parity in the league. Preds are going to disappoint this year. Their pp is going to end their playoff dreams. Canes are gonna surprise especially if their goalie holds

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Jesus. Not a good night for my pool - literally every team I picked to win lost or is losing.

We just did our pool today, great individual performances but I tried to pick a lot of long term performers - but every favourite lost except the Sharks. Hope the trend doesn't continue!

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Man I miss playoff hockey here. Clicked around most of the games tonite and saw so much energy on the ice and from the crowds.

it's true.

something about watching games and knowing our game is coming up afterwards. the intensity, the excitement everytime the puck comes anywhere close to the net, every hit. so many more things I love about it.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Those people snapped when Tavares left, it’s awesome
Yep, Tavares was holding them back. Years from now, Isles fans will be talking about the Tavares Blessing, and Leafs fans will be weeping as they whine about the Tavares Curse.

(FWIW, I like Tavares)

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I was surprised to see the Sharks mostly dominate Vegas at 5 on 5. I thought it'd be about even in that regard, with goaltending being the most critical factor.

Coulda got pretty good odds on Columbus from the bookies...lol

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Those people snapped when Tavares left, it’s awesome
I know its SUPER unlikely but can you imagine the story line if the Islanders win the cup this year, the first year without Tavares :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad